Chapter 35

I said to Cosmo,
"Why are we at your secret spot?"
"I think you know why. No one can bother us here."
"That's true. What do you want to talk about in private?"
Soul then said,
I'm actually curious about that too. Maybe it's about something your mom said?
That might be it. Also I still don't get why you're not complaining that we are talking to him? I thought you hated everyone!
Soul sighed and said,
Sometimes you are so clueless about your feelings!
I have no idea what you mean by that!
Like I said clueless!
You're not going to tell me what you mean are you?
Nope. I'm not going to give you every single answer. Sometimes you just have to figure out things on your own.
I sighed and said,
I won't push it then. You are right I can't keep relying on you for everything!
Cosmo then said,
"I wanted to talk about what you said to me around a month ago and how you were telling me that you were the only half demon half werewolf!"
"Why did you want to talk about that?"
"You said you were the only one but isn't your mom like you?!"
"Ohhhh that's what you wanted to talk about. What I'm about to tell you though you must keep it a secret or I would get in huge trouble with the Demon King. If you can't keep what I'm going to tell you a secret there is no way I can tell you!"
"Oh it's that important. Okay I promise not to tell anyone! You are my friend and there is no way I'll tell anyone if my friend asks me to keep a secret!"
Soul then said,
Are you sure you want to tell him?
Yes I am! I trust him to keep this secret. Once I tell him he will see why it should be kept a secret and he probably won't tell anyone.
Of course you would trust him!
What is that supposed to mean?!
Soul sighed and said,
What if he does tell someone?
I can tell you are changing the subject but I guess I'll let it go this time. I'm positive he won't tell anyone but if he does then that's a future problem to deal with. I don't want him to not like me because he thinks I'm lying to him so I'm going to tell him and you can't stop me!
No I can't and I wouldn't even if I could. If you didn't tell him anything then he will probably start to get upset at you for lying. You would then start to feel sad after that happened and I hate seeing you sad.
I see your point!
I then said to Cosmo,
"Okay I'll tell you then. You see my mom wasn't born a demon she was made one!"
"WHAT?!"
"There is a reason I want to make sure no one knows this because if you start to think about it you will find out why. If a werewolf or vampire finds out that they could live way longer than normal they would of course want to be a demon. They might even go to war with the demons just to try to force them to make them into demons if they refused! Take a deep breath, I don't want you to pass out!"
Cosmo took deep breaths and said,
"I see why you don't want no one to know about this. It would be very bad for anyone to hear this! But one thing I'm confused about is why did your mom get turned into a demon when it's so forbidden to let anyone know about this?!"
"Oh my dad begged the Demon King to turn my mom to a demon. Only the Demon King can turn others into demons. That's why he had to ask the Demon King instead of him doing it. Werewolves have a way shorter life span than a demon and he told the Demon King he couldn't live with himself if she died before he did. Demons can't actually die so he would have to live with the grief of her gone until he dies of old age. So the Demon King agreed to let my mom turn into a demon."
That's not at all what happened but it's not like I can tell him the real reason my mom is part demon.
"Oh that makes sense. The Demon King actually seems pretty nice! He cares about other demons and how they feel!"
"Yes he is really nice. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't exist!"
"That's true. I'm glad you didn't lie to me. I would be pretty upset that you said you were the only one like this when your mom is like you. That would mean at least one person would understand you."
"I knew you would be pretty upset with me if I didn't explain it. Even though I would get in big trouble if anyone found out that I did tell you!"
Soul said,
Well I'm glad he seems to understand why it would be a bad idea to tell anyone.
See, I told you it would be fine! I knew he wouldn't tell anyone.
Well unexpected things happen sometimes. You never know he could have told someone! He still might later.
I don't think he would ever do that!
Well knowing how his personality is I don't think he would tell anyone. He could tell someone by accident though. People don't think of what they are saying sometimes.
I guess that could be true. But I already told him I can't really take back what I said to him.
You could erase his memories of this.
I would never do that to one of my friends!!!!
I thought you were going to say that but it's worth a try.
I then said to Cosmo,
"Is that the only thing you wanted to talk to me about or is there something else?"
"No I don't think so."
"Then I think we should head back before Flynn and Ariella start to worry about us!"
"You're right. We should head back then!"
We got up and headed towards Cosmo's house.