Chapter 13

I walked into our house and closed the door behind me. I heard my mom say in a loud voice to me,
"I'm in the living room! Come here and tell me how the first day of school went for you!"
I sighed and walked over the living room and sat down on the couch across from my mom. Soul groaned and said,
I was hoping she would do her job for once! But noooooo she had to come here just to see you even though she sees you a lot anyways!
We both thought this would happen! You shouldn't have gotten your hopes up. Remember how many times she skipped out on work because of me?!
I know but unexpected things happen sometimes! It's always good to be hopeful.
I guess that's true. But you really shouldn't get your hopes up with my mom. As long as I've known her she has never changed! That's why I will never bring my friends here because if they run into my mom that would be pretty bad!
Yep I totally agree with you! She loves to "play" with people she just met and will say anything to them to get a reaction!
I don't want to think of all the times we had to wipe their memories of ever meeting her!
It is a way that helps her to cope with all the boredom.
I know but it's still annoying to deal with!
Well that's the only reason I like your mom. She loves to see other peoples reactions with all the things she says to them. She's just like me, I would love to see that too!
Of course, that's that reason why you like her!
Don't worry, everything else about her I hate!
I rolled my eyes and said to my mom,
"How many times have I told you to do your elder duty's before you come talk to me!?"
My mom smiled at me and said,
"So many times already I've already lost count a while ago."
"You shouldn't be smiling about that! It's a bad thing to do!"
"Well doing paperwork is so boring. It's more fun to talk to you!"
I sighed and said,
"I know it is but that doesn't mean you can skip it because you are bored of it!"
"Well I already have skipped it multiple times and I've still finished all the paperwork later!"
"Yes, you have finished it but it's still bad to do it later. You have the most important job out there and you're skipping it!"
"Stop overreacting it's not a big deal!"
"It is but I'm guessing you're not going to change your mind."
"Nope! So are you going to tell me how school went or not?"
Soul laughed and said,
Well that was pointless to try to convince her. I thought you knew it wasn't going to work.
Well it's worth a try. You never know it could work someday!
I've lost count of how many times you tried to convince her not to do that. She never listened to you once!
I know but you know me, I'll never give up!
Yep you never do. Even though I like you doesn't mean there are some things I don't like about you and that's one of them! It's good not to give up but if you tried so many times and it still didn't work, then any normal person would give up but instead you don't!
I think you know this already but I'm not normal at all!
Soul groaned and said,
You know what I mean!
Yes I do, I just like teasing you! Also you're not going to convince me to stop trying to not give up.
I thought that would be the case but it was worth a try.
I said to my mom,
"Well the learning about stuff was pretty boring but I did have fun! I made three new friends!"
"That's great! What are their names?"
"Their names are Cosmo who is actually a Bloowolf which was pretty cool! I only saw one in the whole school but I'm not surprised. Not a lot of vampires and werewolves fall in love with each other. Then there is Ariella who is a half vampire half human and Flynn who is just a human but he can use fire magic which is pretty cool! You were friends with a human like that right?"
"Yes, she was a great friend! I'm so happy for you! You haven't had any friends before so I bet you're happy! Are they nice to you? They better be!"
More worried than happy but I'm not going to tell her that.
I chuckled and said,
"Mom, don't worry they are really nice! Why do you think I said they were my friends if they weren't?"
"Well you never know!"
"I really don't get it though. They are so nice but for some reason they get bullied!"
"What do you mean by that?! Could you explain what happened?"
I explained to my mom what happened to them and she said,
"THATS HORRIBLE! HOW DARE THEM BULLY PEOPLE FOR NO REASON! I'M GOING TO TELL RYIA ABOUT THIS AND DON'T WORRY WE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! HOW DARE THOSE ASSHOLES GO BEHIND MY BACK AND BULLY THE STUDENTS! WHAT'S WORSE THEY DID NOTHING ABOUT STOPPING THE OTHER CHILDREN TO BULLY THEM EITHER!"
Soul laughed and said,
Wow she's pissed! I'm so glad we told her. Her face was priceless!
I know right! That teacher is totally going to be in huge trouble! I'm super excited to see what happens to them!
I am too! Hopefully the next teacher gets fired too!
Of course you would say that!
I then said,
"Mom, calm down! Remember what happens when you get angry."
My mom took deep breaths and said,
"Thanks for calming me down. I might have accidentally destroyed the whole house if I kept being angry!"
"Your welcome. I'm glad that helped! I have a question though it has to do with friends. Are you sure I didn't have a friend before? I feel like I did but for some reason I don't remember!"
"Hmmmm that's weird. I never remember you saying that you ever got a friend!"
"Well maybe this will help me remember. Was there something I really liked back then that came out of nowhere?"
"I don't....wait! I actually do remember something about what you would say when you went to the overworld and it was really weird. You were pretty young so I didn't think a lot about it at that time but looking back I don't think anyone would say that!"
"Well what did I say back then?"
"You said I'm going to go look at the violet flowers but you never said that before. It came out of nowhere! Then when I asked why you said that you laughed and said to me that you wouldn't understand. Which was weird because I'm pretty sure I knew what flowers were! Do you remember saying that at all?"
Hmmmm that's so weird I should remember something like that but I don't! Violet does sound familiar though other than knowing the flower. I know it was was meant for something else BUT WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!
I said,
"No I don't remember for some reason but I do recognize the word violet. I don't know why I can't remember which is really annoying!"
"Well it will come to you eventually!"
"Hopefully I do remember in the future. How old was I when this happened?"
"I think you were around the age eight or was it older I don't exactly remember. You know how bad my memory is sometimes."
"I know. Now that I think about it some of my memories are missing around that time! I wonder why?!"
I'm pretty sure that was around the time I got so angry my magic went out of control! Wait....why did I get angry?! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!
I then I started to have a headache and I said,
"Could I maybe lay down? For some reason thinking about this makes my head hurt!"
"Oh that's fine! When the headache is gone we can talk some more!"
"Or you could finish that paperwork!"
"Nope, I'm more worried about you!"
I sighed and said,
"Fine, I know I can't convince you to do it! You're to stubborn!"
"I sure am!"
I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs to my room. I opened up the door and closed it behind me. I walked to my bed and climbed up on it and layed down. Why do I feel sad when I think about the word voilet?!
You shouldn't think about it. It's making your headache worse!
But I want to remember!
It's hurting you though!
Soul is there something your not telling me?!
I'm not hiding anything from you!
You're lying! I can tell you are! I've known you for so long after all! Tell me what ur not telling me!
No I won't!
Why not?! I can tell you remembered what happened in my missing memories! Tell me what happened?!
I can't!
WHY NOT?!
THERE IS A REASON YOU BLOCKED THOSE MEMORIES! You don't want to remember them, trust me!
I DO WANT TO REMEMBER THOUGH!
NO YOU DON'T! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD ME TO ERASE THOSE MEMORIES!
WHAT WHY?!
THEY WERE TO PAINFUL TO REMEMBER!
I'M OLDER NOW I CAN TAKE THEM!
NO YOU CAN'T! TRUST ME!
I'M SORRY! I WANT TO REMEMBER EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TOO!
Let me think why does the word violet make me feel sad?! Wait....unless it's a name! I did have a friend, that's why I thought I had a friend before! I had one before but I just didn't remember! Then my headache increased until I screamed in pain and everything went black!