Chapter 14

Around three thousand years ago...,.
I was flying up high to see if I saw anything cool was happening. The overworld has way more cool stuff happening in it than the Underworld after all. I was looking down and saw someone surrounded by bandits. I couldn't tell who it was because I was to far up! Should I help them? Mom said not to get seen by anyone like this. If I save them now they will see what I actually look like! I don't have the time to shapeshift. But if I don't save them right now they could die!!! I can't let that happen, sorry mom for doing what you said not to do. I can't just let them die even though I don't even know them at all. I stopped flapping my wings and let myself fall. As I got closer to the ground I saw the person was a human girl around my age and there were three bandits about to attack her. As I was about to hit the ground I flapped my wings and landed. Everyone looked shocked and one of the bandits said,
"Who the heck are you?! WHY DO YOU HAVE HORNS AND WINGS EVEN THOUGH YOUR A WEREWOLF?!"
I sighed and said,
"I'm a half werewolf half demon that's why. I thought you would have guessed that but you do seem pretty stupid!"
I don't want them to know I'm also a Bloodwolf that would be even worse!
"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!"
I then said to the girl,
"Close your eyes and cover your ears, you don't want to see this."
I saw the girl close her eyes and cover her ears and then all the bandits attacked me. I easily dodged all their attacks and cut off one of the bandits head closest to me and quickly killed the other bandit. The last bandit looked pretty scared now but he still attacked me. I stopped his sword with one finger and then used two fingers to break the sword in half. Before he could react to what just happened I stabbed him through the heart with my claws. I wish I could burn the bodies but I still don't know how to use magic yet. I don't want to hurt the girl by accident. I should get away from the bodies to talk to her. Even though I'm used to seeing bodies because I'm a demon and I've seen spirits before. My dad is the Demon King after all. I don't think this girl is used to seeing bodies though and I don't want to traumatize her by accident! At least only three people died. I don't want to give my dad extra work! I then said to the girl in a loud voice so she could hear me,
"You can uncover your ears just don't open your eyes yet I don't want you to see something bad. I'll hold your hand so you don't run into things. Is that okay?"
The girl said,
"Yes that's okay."
"We can talk more after we get away from here."
"Sounds good."
I bet she's still shaken up because of what just happened. After a few minutes of walking I stopped and said to her,
"You can open your eyes if you want. We are far enough from where they bandits were."
She then opened her eyes and the girl said to me,
"Thanks so much for saving me!"
"Your welcome but I thought you would be scared of me!"
"Why would I be?"
"Well I'm a demon!"
"Even though you're a demon doesn't mean you are a bad person! You also saved me. Why would I be scared of you?"
"That's true. I should ask before we talk some more. What's your name?"
"My name is Violet. What about you?"
"My name is Silverheart."
"It's nice to meet you!"
"It's nice to meet you too! I love your name. I've never heard of someone named that before."
"Thanks. My mom named me off of her favorite flower. Since she thought violet flowers were pretty and when I was born she said I was so pretty. So she decided it would be a perfect name for me. To be honest I think she just wanted to name me off of her favorite flower. What about you? Why were you named Silverheart? I'm just curious."
I laughed and said,
"That's probably true. Well, actually when I was born I had all silver hair just like my mom. But then for some reason my hair turned black like my dads but I still have silver streaks in my hair so they still kept my name like that. But since my mom's name was Silver it would be weird to name me the exact same so she added heart.
That's not exactly why she named me that but I can't really say the real reason so I'll stick with that.
"That makes sense. I really love your name too!"
"Thanks but what are you doing so far into the woods?"
"Oh I just wanted to take a break from the village when everyone avoids me like the plague!"
"That's horrible! Why would they do that?!"
"It's because I'm cursed!"
"Do they even have proof of that?!"
"Yes actually. Everyone arounds me dies! My parents died when I was around six years old because they were killed by bandits. Then when some other people adopted me they died too because they got pretty sick. They were perfectly healthy too! Then after that, other people were nice enough to take me in. But then they also died too from not looking where they were going and both of them fell off a cliff. They even knew the forest pretty well so how the heck did that happen?! Also that's not all, whenever I got close to someone they would somehow die in some way or another!"
"I'm so sorry that happened to you!"
"It's okay, I'm used to it by now."
"Well at least you're fine with it. I was going to say those people are very mean for avoiding you. But after hearing what happens when anyone gets close to you it makes more sense. But if you're so cursed then how are you still alive?"
"Well I think it's because I'm very lucky not cursed! I think whoever gets near me becomes cursed and then eventually dies. Everyone in my village is actually pretty nice. I overheard a lot of them saying that they feel horrible for avoiding me. They have to though because if they get to close they would die. Everyone would leave stuff in the middle of the village for me like food and water. They would even put things for me to do since they knew I would be bored. I couldn't play with anyone after all. It's still hard though being around the village and seeing everyone avoid me and I just really needed a break from there!"
"Well at least everyone is nice to you. It makes sense why you want a break though."
"Even though I know it's really dangerous to be here alone nothing bad happens to me. Well usually there are bandits but I either somehow get away or something bad happens to them. For example this actually happened, a perfectly fine tree fell down and crushed the bandits when they were about to kill me."
"Wow I see what you mean by your lucky. Like I didn't think I was going to fly around today but I did and I somehow saw you in trouble."
"Thanks for saving me and all but you really should go. I don't want you to die."
I laughed and said,
"I'll be totally fine. Demons are actually immortal."
"WHAT?! Are you allowed to tell me this?!"
"Nope! I'm not even supposed to talk to anyone in my demon form. I didn't have time to shapeshift if I wanted to save you though. I couldn't just let you die!"
"I see your point but you shouldn't have told me that you're immortal! Won't you get in trouble?!"
"I don't think they will find out unless you tell someone. I also knew if I didn't tell you that I was immortal you wouldn't let me stay with you! You need someone to talk to."
"That's true. Also don't worry I won't tell anyone. Well actually I can't really talk to anyone anyways."
"That's true but thanks for not telling anyone. That would be pretty bad!"
"Your welcome. I don't want you to get in trouble after all!"
"If my parents find out they might not let me travel around anymore!"
I can't really say I can't go out of the Underworld anymore. That's the one thing I can never tell her! I then continued to say,
"I want to talk to you some more!"
"Does this mean we can play together other than today?!"
"Yep. I can even be your friend!"
"REALLY?! That's great! I've wanted a friend for the longest time that doesn't die that is."
"I'm glad. I never had a friend before either so I'm pretty happy!"
Then I saw Violet look up and she said,
"It's getting dark. I should go back before everyone starts to worry about me!"
"That's a good idea. Are we going to meet here again or someplace else?"
"We can meet here again. It is easier to meet somewhere you have already been. See you tomorrow!"
"That's true. See you later!"
I waited until I couldn't hear Violet anywhere near me and I opened up a portal and went in.