Chapter 11

I heard the lunch bell ring and the teacher said,
"Oh! It's already that time already! Cosmo, since you and Silverheart seem "such great friends" you can show her where the lunch room is."
I could hear the disgust in his voice when he said we were friends! THAT JERK! I'm so excited to tell my mom about this! I hope this racist gets fired by tomorrow!
I hope so too!
You just think he's annoying. You would want any teacher to be fired!
True but that's not the only reason why.
Oh, that's surprising what's the other reason?
That jerk was being mean to you and that's unforgivable!
Oh of course that would be the other reason.
Maybe the new teacher will be mean and he or she would get fired because of that. It would be so amazing!
Or maybe the teacher could be nice.
That would be even worse!
You just don't want to be here, isn't that right?
Of course I don't want to be here! There are to many people. It doesn't help that I already know everything the teacher teaches us. I'm only here because you want to be here.
I know. Thanks for coming with me even though you don't want to.
I have to come with you! If I'm not near you the seal would break!
I already know that. But I'm still thankful that you are here.
The only reason I'm fine with going to school is because you wanted to go.
Well at least you have a reason to go.
Soul sighed and said,
That's true I guess.
As the teacher finished his sentence to me everyone ran out of the classroom. I sighed and followed Cosmo out the door. While we were walking to the lunch room I said to him,
"They probably ran ahead to save a seat for me aren't they?"
"Yep. This always happens when new kids join the school. I have no idea why though."
"Maybe it's a competition of who gets the new kid?"
He laughed and said,
"That would be hilarious if that was true! I bet they want them to sit with you because of how you look."
"Yep, I know. It's so annoying! Did anyone save you a spot?"
Something we both can agree on!
"No of course not! I'm a Bloodwolf and everyone here mostly wants to be around "normal" people. Everyone here mostly thinks of how you look and what you are rather than how you actually are!"
"That's horrible! You are really nice."
"Thanks for saying that. It means a lot!"
"Your welcome. But why didn't you tell the vice principal?"
"We did. Even though it doesn't look like it, it used to be worse than this. He told them to stop or they would all get in trouble so they stopped some things. They still did avoid and be mean to us though! He couldn't stop them from calling us names if he wasn't there to catch it."
"Well at least it got a little better!"
"That's true."
We walked in the lunchroom and I looked around. I saw pretty much everyone waving at me to come over including people who weren't in my class. I guess they heard of how pretty I am from everyone else! I saw Cosmo go over to a corner table and sat down with Flynn and Ariella. I went over and sat down with them. I looked around to the other tables and saw how shocked they were! Their faces are priceless! It's so funny! Everyone at the table also looked shocked too. As I looked at them more clearly I could tell all of them are around my age. Cosmo has red eyes and black hair and red fur. He is also pretty tall. Ariella has two different eye colors. Her left eye is red and her right eye is gray. I'm guessing she only has one red eye is because she's only half vampire. Her hair is curly brown and she was around the same height as I was. Flynn has amber eyes with black and some red streaks in his hair. He is a little taller then me. Ariella then said,
"Why are you sitting here?! This is where all the misfits sit!"
"Well I guess I'm misfit then! I would rather sit with people who don't care what I look like and how I am instead!"
"Aren't you scared of getting bullied?!"
"No not really. I don't care what people think of me, it's the reason why I'm sitting here! I belong here anyways. I'm not like anyone else here. I don't see a half werewolf half demon around here!"
Cosmo then said,
"Give up Ariella, she's not going to change her mind. When I was talking to her in class I noticed how stubborn she is!"
I laughed and said,
That's true, I am very stubborn."
I looked around and noticed that there were humans and half vampires half humans here too so I said,
"I see that there are others like Ariella and Flynn. Why aren't you sitting with them or is that a sensitive subject?"
Ariella then said,
"No it's okay. You deserve to know anyways. You are sitting with us even though you know that you will get bullied. You see I'm not exactly a normal half vampire half human."
"What do you mean?!"
"I can fly because I have wings! They look more like bat wings though and I love how cool they look to be honest. Since no other half vampire half humans have them the others don't want to be around me anymore."
"That's mean! Just because your a little different doesn't make you a bad person!"
"Thanks for saying that but not everyone thinks like you do, Silverheart!"
"Your welcome and I know they don't! I just wish everyone would get along!"
"I agree with you."
"We could all three of us fly sometime!"
Cosmo then said,
"How did you know I could fly?!"
"I would think you got your wings by now?"
"I did but I'm just wondering how you knew that? Not a lot of people know that Bloodwolfs can fly!"
"Oh I thought everyone knew! I'm pretty sure I heard it from my mom. She is pretty smart so I wouldn't be surprised if she figured that out."
It is technically true. My mom did tell me that Bloodwolfs could fly but I am also a Bloodwolf so I should also know that myself. It's not like I can tell them that though!
"That makes sense."
"If you want I could hold you Flynn while we fly!"
Flynn then said,
"That sounds like a fun idea!"
Ariella then spoke up,
"I actually don't know how to fly."
I then said,
"You don't? Why not? I thought you have wings."
"I do but I never really used them because when I have them out people look at me weirdly!"
"Well doesn't everyone in the school already know that you have wings?"
"Yes they do but that doesn't mean anyone outside of school knows!"
"Oh ok that makes sense. We could fly in private. I know a place where no one knows where it is. You have to promise to keep it a secret. I can even teach you how to fly! It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it."
"Oooo that does sound fun. I've always wanted to fly but I didn't want anyone to see me."
"Okay then. How about we can do it on Saturday?"
"That sounds good to me. What about everyone else?"
Cosmo said,
Sounds fun! Count me in. I don't think I'm busy that day."
Ariella then said,
"I'm free that day. I'm excited to hang out!"
Flynn then said,
I have to ask my parents but I think I'm free that day."
I then said,
"You never really answered my question about why you aren't with the other humans. Well if you don't want to talk about it that's fine."
"No I'm fine with telling you why. It's just we were talking about flying and I completely forgot about it. You see, these red streak in my hair isn't hair dye."
"It isn't? You do look pretty cool even if you were born with it. If that's the reason why the other humans don't like you? That's a horrible reason for them to do that!"
"No, that's not the only reason. You see the reason why I have this hair is because I can use fire magic!"
"WOW! That's so cool!!! Why would anyone not like you because of that?"
"You see I can't control my magic so when I get angry or sad fire goes everywhere!"
Oh I get that feeling I bet I could help! I know a lot about controlling magic. It's just since I have such strong magic it's pretty impossible to totally control it!
"I'm guessing that they are scared of you."
"Yep pretty much! I get why though I could accidentally hurt them!"
"That's true. I still think it's not okay to not be friends with someone just because they can't control their magic!"
"It's okay! If that didn't happen I wouldn't have met Cosmo and Ariella. I also wouldn't have met you! You are pretty nice!"
"Well that's good at least. Did you ask the demons for help?"
"Actually they came up to me and said they could try to help me. It was really nice of them but it didn't work. They tried teaching me in a lot of different ways but none of it worked! Eventually they had to give up."
"Oh at least they tried!"
"That's true. It's weird to say this but the demons here are way nicer than anyone else! Other than Cosmo and Ariella of course!"
"It proved my point of not just judging a book by its cover! I could try to help you control your magic. If you want me too."
"Sure that sounds great! Hopefully this works this time."
"Don't worry it will!"
Before I could say something else the bell rang meaning we had to go back to class! Since Flynn was the only one eating he ran over and threw away his trash. As we walked to the classroom, I remembered that Soul didn't talk that whole time!
Hey Soul!
After a few seconds of his not answering I tried again,
SOUL!
I bet he fell asleep. He did say he had no control over that! Hopefully he wakes up soon, classes are less boring when he's around.