Chapter 45

Soul then said,
Well I think they should know everything about the portals.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!
Well think about it, they will get sucked into the portals because of you. All your friends are special in their own way. They have A LOT more life energy then most. I bet even if you aren't around them all the time they still would have gotten pulled in multiple times! I think they should deserve to know because of that. Also they are your friends, they should at least know. You don't like keeping things from them after all!
I took and deep breath and said,
I guess I see your point. Well technically I still can't tell them things like how I am a Bloodwolf! You are right though, I don't want another thing I can't tell them. Also you are right they deserve to know! Wait! I hear that you're being nice to them?!
I'm not being nice to them, I'm more being nice to you. I know how upset you will be that you have another thing you have to keep from them. Also their reactions will be priceless!
I sighed and said,
I should have known you weren't being nice to them. I still hope that one day you will like my friends at least!
I NEVER WILL!
Well technically you like Cosmo for some reason!
That doesn't count, it's your fault I like him in the first place!
Yep surrrrre, it's totally my fault!
Soul glared at me and said,
I can totally tell you're being sarcastic and that you don't believe me at all! But you will see that I am telling the truth when you finally figure out your emotions!
I still don't get what you mean by that!
Well you will find out eventually don't worry!
I feel like I should worry because you said that!
Well it's your choice to worry about it or not. Don't think about it to much if it makes you worry. I don't want you to feel worried because of what I just said! You already have a lot of worries already and you don't need one more! You get stressed because of that and I don't like when that happens!
Okay I will try not to think about it then.
That's good! So what is your plan? Are you going to tell your friends everything about the portals or not?
I can tell you are changing the subject but you did say you don't want me to worry about it so I'll just go with it. I think I will tell them about the portals. I have to make sure it's fine with my parents though!
I think you should ignore your parents!
You are just saying that because you don't really like them.
Yep you are totally right!
I rolled my eyes and I said to my dad,
"Before you tell them about the portals is it okay if I ask something?"
My dad then said,
"Sure! What is it?"
"Is it okay if we tell them everything about the portals?"
"Can I ask why you want to tell them?"
"I think they deserve to know when they are going to get pulled into the portals multiple times. Also I don't like keeping things from my friends!"
I saw my parents look at each other and my dad said,
"If you are sure you want to tell them I won't stop you."
"I am sure. Also thank you for letting me tell them!"
"You're welcome."
My dad said to the guards,
"We have some private things to talk about with my daughter's friends. I know you worry about me but I'm positive they won't attack me."
Both guards looked at each other and one of them said,
"Okay sir. We trust your judgement. If you need us, call out and we will come back."
The two guards turned around and walked to the entrance of the huge doors and pushed them open. I then heard the doors close behind us. Then my dad said,
"Do you want to explain it or should I?"
"I think I will. I was the one who suggested telling them in the first place."
"Okay. What my daughter is about to tell you, you need to keep a secret. No one else other than my family knows about this. Not even the demons know! That's why I told them to leave."
My friends nodded nervously and I said,
"You know how people die right?"
Cosmo then said,
"Of course we do! They either are killed or get very sick. There are a lot of ways to die but I don't exactly want to waste a couple days to tell you! Everyone dies of old age eventually too! Well other than demons that is. Also, didn't you say something about having a limited time here or after a while we will die?!"
"That's true. You don't have all day here! We still have around fifty minutes left though. You will be fine. Back to what I was saying before, what if I told you that every single death is connected?"
"What do you mean?!"
"Well you see there is this thing called life energy and if anyone runs out of it they die! Why do you think humans have shorter lifespans than other people? It's because they don't have a lot of life energy in the first place! Also the reason why vampires and werewolves heal pretty quickly is because you have more than enough life energy to spare! The reason people feel better after you rest is because you get more life energy after doing so! It's also the reason you die if you don't eat or drink because eating also helps with gaining life energy! If you don't eat or rest you can't really gain more life energy! Then you will eventually run out of the life energy you usually have! It's also the reason demons are immortal because they have infinite life energy!"
I could tell they looked pretty scared but I saw them take deep breaths and Ariella said,
"Oh I see why you don't want anyone to know! It's pretty scary knowing that the only reason we are living is because of life energy! I have a question though, is life energy the reason why some people can use magic and some can't?!"
"You guessed right. If you can use magic then you have a lot of life energy! That's why humans usually can't use magic because it is very rare for a human to have more life energy than normal!"
Flynn then said,
"At least I now know why I can use magic!"
"So back to the topic of why the portals are doing this in the first place. You see when people get sucked into the portals they get some life energy taken from them!"
Cosmo then said,
"Wait! WHAT?!"