Chapter 37

I stood next to my dad who was sitting on the throne in the middle of the room. I also saw my mom on the other side of my dad. As I looked forward, it was weird seeing the whole throne room pretty much full for once! There were usually only two guards near my dad and sometimes a little more but there were never this many! I remember my dad telling me that he said he didn't need any guards but they refused and insisted on having at least two demons guarding him. He knew they wouldn't change their minds about it so he accepted their offer. My dad then said,
"I'm sorry for calling everyone here but this is very urgent! You see for a little while now something has been happening. I thought it would eventually get better but instead it got worse! You see portals are opening to the overworld to here! Portals close after demons come out of it but these portals never did! I also could always tell when demons opened a portal. Sometimes demons like to pull pranks and leave them open! I thought it was a prank at first but I couldn't tell who created the portal! It only closed when I forced it closed! The good thing is that the portals only opened around here in the throne room. I didn't really think it was such a big deal if I could always close them right away! But then it got even worse and I couldn't even close the portals! The next thing I tried to do was go through the portal because maybe if I could do that and the portal would close. I couldn't even go through the portal though!!!! I thought it was because I was the Demon King so I asked one of my guards to go through it. They also couldn't go through it!!!!"
Everyone looked worried and shocked and one of the demons asked in a shaky voice,
"If the portals don't close how are they closed now?! Also how long do they stay open?"
My dad then replied,
"The portals never close unless anything else comes in other than demons that is. I had to erase a lot of people's memories of the portal and them even coming here! The most trobleming news is when I asked them why they went into the portal they said they were pulled in against their will!"
I then saw all the demons faces pale and he continued to say,
"I would have kept this a secret but then I sensed the portal out the castle today into the town! I was worried that someone would walk through it while demons were around the portal. Pretty much the only people who knew of the portal were me, my wife and the two guards that are always here! I was afraid whoever saw the humans come out of the portal wouldn't know what was going on and probably would freak out! This is why I called you all here immediately because I didn't want anyone to panic! I'm sorry for not telling anyone until now but I thought the problem would eventually go away but since it's getting worse I had to tell everyone! I didn't want to worry any of the demons here either!"
Another demon said,
"We understand why you didn't tell us! You don't need to apologize for it!"
I saw all the demons nod their heads in agreement and I saw my dad smile and he said,
"I'm glad everyone here is so understanding and that's why I like to be the King here! Every single demon is nice and caring!"
I saw a lot of the demons smile and I said to Soul,
SOUL?!
What? Why the heck are you yelling at me?
YOU KNOW WHY! YOU KNOW SOMETHING DON'T YOU?!"
No I don't!
I CAN TELL YOUR LYING! TELL ME RIGHT NOW OR I WILL ORDER YOU TO TELL ME IF I HAVE TO!
Soul sighed and said,
Fine I'll tell you but you need to calm down first!
I also sighed and took deep breaths and said,
Okay I think I'm fine now. I'm sorry for yelling at you!
It's okay! I understand why you are angry at me.
I can already guess this happened because of me!
Well technically your magic was the one that did it not you. It's not your fault you have a ton of magic!
I glared at him and said,
You know what I mean! Why is this happening now? Is it because my magic increased?!
That's part of the reason. Another part that I never told you before is when I erased your memories a lot of your magic also got sealed too! I have no idea how it happened when I erased your memories! So since you remembered everything all that magic came back to you!
I groaned and said,
So your saying over time my magic has been growing over the thousands of years. Then my magic came back to me after I remembered everything so now I HAVE EVEN MORE MAGIC?! WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE?!
Do you really think it would be a good idea to tell you right after you remembered one of your best friends died?!
Oh I see your point. I'm glad you didn't tell me. I wish you told me a little before this so I wouldn't be so angry at you!
Well I was going to eventually tell you. How would I ever predict this would happen! I had no idea about the portals until your dad said something about it!
I sighed and said,
I believe you that you didn't know. I'm pretty positive you would have told me already if you did know. I still wish I knew sooner though!
Well at least you found out now instead of later!
I glared at him and said,
That doesn't make me feel any better!
Well at least I tried!
I rolled my eyes and said,
I know that my magic is the cause of the portals but why does my magic make the portals appear?
I would love to explain it to you but it's way to long and boring to explain it!
I groaned and said,
You are really lazy aren't you?
Yep pretty much! You already know that about me already though!
I rolled my eyes and my dad continued to say,
"Since I told you all of this I need a favor from all of you. If you see anyone come out of a portal, immediately bring them to me so I can erase some of their memories!"
Everyone said in a loud voice,
"Yes my King! We will of course do that for you."
I looked over to see my dad's face and I could see he was not happy at all. He hated them calling him King. He knew if he told them to stop they still wouldn't so he didn't even try to say anything. Instead he sighed and said,
"There is at least some good news though. The portals still don't get to close to a crowd of people. It usually appears in front of one to three people at a time. Its usually somewhere far away but it usually gets found by accident. I will tell everyone if the portal situation gets better or worse. I think that's all I wanted to tell everyone here! Everyone can go back to what they were doing before this. I don't think I will have to tell you all this but you better not tell anyone what you just heard!"
Everyone said,
"Yes My King!"
I wonder if my parents are busy. I haven't talked to dad for a while. Also I can't really go back now. My friends will think that would be pretty odd if I came back so fast! I also did say that it was urgent so they probably would think I would be gone for a while! The Underworld time is totally different from the overworld after all!