Chapter 48

Cosmo then said,
"You know what I want to talk to you about!!!!"
I sighed and said,
"I think I know but could you tell me?"
Cosmo glared at me and said,
"It's about the portals and how you lied to your parents about having magic! Maybe if you told them they could have done something and people wouldn't be sucked into those portals! This is probably your fault!"
I don't know why but my heart hurt after I heard him say that! I thought he understood what I was going through! Does he not trust me enough to know why I didn't tell them yet?!
Soul then said,
I don't think that is it! I think he trusts you a lot! After hearing the truth about the demons he probably isn't thinking straight!
You might be right but why is my heart hurting? I didn't get stabbed or anything!!!!"
Soul sighed and said,
I'm not surprised you don't know since you try not to get to close to anyone over these thousands of years. It means you are sad. I'm sorry to bring this up again but it's hard to explain it unless I bring it up.
Well I guess it will be fine if it helps you explain what this is.
It's kinda how you felt when Violet died. Do you remember that feeling?
Oh....I see why you didn't want to bring it up. It is a pretty sensitive subject for me. I am trying to forget it but sometimes I remember that it actually happened. It really upsets me! You see I don't think I noticed if my heart hurt then because I was so upset and angry at myself! But now that I think about it, I did feel like that! So your saying what he said to me made me upset?
Yep pretty much. When a friend says pretty hurtful things to you most people feel that!
Well at least I'm not the only one!
I am pretty angry at him for saying that to you! I don't like seeing you upset!
I know but like you said he has a lot to think about! I also think he's annoyed that they are going to get pulled into the Underworld a lot now!
I guess that's true but it still annoys me that he said that to you!
I smiled slightly at Soul and said,
Thanks for saying that. It means a lot. You're a pretty good friend. If only you would act like this with other people, not just me.
You're welcome. That's what friends are for! Also I WILL NEVER BE LIKE THIS TO ANYONE OTHER THAN YOU!
I sighed and said,
Well at least I tried. You say that but aren't you nice to Cosmo? You never call him names!
Like I said multiple times already, that is your fault! I hate not being mean to him but because of you I can't!
I think you're just making excuses! It's your choice to be nice to him, not mine!
Soul groaned and said,
Fine! Be that way. You don't have to believe me but when you finally find out what I mean you will see I'm right!
Yep surrrrre I will!
Soul sighed and said,
Are you going to keep talking to me or are you going to talk to Cosmo? I know what Cosmo said to you upset you but you have to face him eventually!
I took a deep breath and said,
You're right. I really should talk to him even if I don't want to right now!
I then said to Cosmo,
"I told you why I don't want to tell my parents! I thought you understood how I felt!"
Cosmo paused for a second and thought back on what he just said. He looked at me and could tell by my face it really upset me and he then said,
"Oh I'm sorry! I kinda just got riled up in the moment there! Everything I just heard just shocked me and I'm still getting over it!"
"That's okay. I know you didn't mean to upset me! After what you just heard it makes sense. It just shocked me that you said that to me!"
"Well I'm glad you don't hate me for saying that to you. What I said came out wrong! I do understand why you don't want to tell your parents. But shouldn't you tell them if your magic might be the cause of it? What's so unique about your magic anyways?"
"I guess I could tell you. My magic isn't exactly fire magic!"
"What do you mean?!"
"It's more like an explosion than fire magic."
"Oh that makes sense! How big is the explosion though?"
"Wellll if I lose control over my magic it could destroy a house!"
"Oh....I see why you don't want to tell your parents! That would really worry them!"
Well I wasn't exactly lying. My magic is more like an explosion than fire magic. But I did lie about how big the explosion could be! I really don't want to tell him after what he just found out! He doesn't need another huge thing to think about! He might freak out if he knew it was way bigger than I said it was!
I then said,
"I don't think my magic causes the portals to open though. If that was the case this would have happened around thousands of years ago!"
"I guess that's true. But then what is causing them to pull people into them?"
"I have no idea! My parents did say they would try to figure it out though!"
I still can't tell him that my magic is the cause of it or he might say I should talk to my parents! I really don't want to do that!
Cosmo then said,
"Are you never going to tell your parents that you can use magic?"
"Well I also have a question for you, are you going to tell your parents that you have magic?"
"Oh...I see your point. I probably won't tell them. Your parents are going to find out eventually though."
"I know but couldn't that happen to you too?"
"Well that's true. They might find out but you never know I might get up the courage to tell them!"
"I doubt it but how about this, if you do tell your parents that you have magic I'll tell my parents that I actually can use magic!"
"Okay deal! I think I'll go back now though! I need to take a cold shower and think about what I just found out!"
"Sounds good! See you tomorrow!"
"See you!"
Cosmo turned around and flew up quickly to get back home. After I couldn't see him anymore I opened up a portal to go to the Underworld so I could talk to my parents.