pancakes from a hobo

GILLIANS POV:
I knock on her door, and whilst biting my lip I think of her possible reactions. Hopefully she likes my absentminded gift. I hate that I couldn't do anything more special but oh well.

I hear the lock unclick, then her beautiful face peering out at me. She smiles that big grin as I walk inside. "I brought you something" I say with my hands behind me, she closes the door, then follows inside. "Really?" Her bright blue eyes glimmer making me smile.

"Yeah, I know it's not anything special but I didn't want to keep you waiting here alone" I hand her a light brown teddy bear holding a heart in its hands that read "your cute."
I had put a little bunch of white roses in between its arms and the heart.

Her smile widened as she took it from me "thank you so much!" She hugged the bear, and took the flowers out "white roses too? Those are my favourite!" Wow we must be long lost soul sister or something.

She gives me a big comforting hug, and whispers "I guess you missed me" I lick my lips, replying "hm I guess so" her arms still around me, she pulls away, leaving one last kiss on me. "Do you want to watch food networkkk" she drags on the words while she gets comfortable on the bed. "Do I???"

I sit down next to her and laugh "duh."
she turns on the tv, and we watch an episode of chopped, making fun of the contestants. After the show ends and the credits come on the screen I look at the clock "it's 6:20, you wanna order from that pancake place"

For some reason it's just sunken in that her head is resting on my shoulder. Wow I'm really oblivious, I gotta work on that. "Sure! You for sure wanna go with me?" She looks up and I see her eyes almost begging for reassurance "of course, leave it up to you to think of a pancake place for dinner"

We both laugh while she gets up and looks up the menu. "I already know what I'm getting" she says, handing me her phone. "And what would that be?" I say "I wanna see if you'll get the same thing, to prove we're literally mind readers"

I smile and look at the menu. Mm they got make your own pancakes, pizzas and all kind of shit. After only a few minutes minutes I finally say "ok, so after months of preparation, and concentrating for this moment" I stand tall, and pruny. She laughs at my expense "I have decided on the original buttermilk pancakes, with a Nutella drizzle, chocolate chips, and whip cream"

She looks at me in total shock "don't tell me-" I start "what the fuck that's literally what I want" she ends. We look at each other stunned for a few seconds, until we start laughing. She picks up the phone, and dials the place.

"Hi, yes could I get 2 orders of the original buttermilk pancakes, with Nutella drizzle, chocolate chips, and whip cream? Yes, oh and let's throw a raspberry sparkly in there as well. Large. Ok thank you!" She hangs up, looking all giddy. "Raspberry sparkly?" I ask.

"Yes! I promise you'll love it" I smile at her while she dances around the hotel room. Well now all we have to do is wait.

YOUR POV:
We sit around and talk, waiting for the food to come. The guy said it would be about a 20 minute wait, so Gillian and I sat on my bed and talked in whispers. I'm not sure why, but I thought it was hot.

After about 25 minutes we heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw a short, chubby old guy. His beard was messy, his clothes were covered in dusk and grime, his hands, almost black covered in something of a sort. He stood there holding 2 boxes, I assumed of our food, but I couldn't imagine a company letting someone like him get out and deliver food.

"Delivery for y/n?" He said holding out his hand. I'm not sure what he wanted so I just said "yes that's me, it'll be on debit" he placed the box on the ground and still held out his hand

Still confused I said "uh isn't there a machine thing I'm supposed to pay with?" Looking around but not seeing anything similar to it "sorry I forgot it in my car, you can just give it me, I can go down and make the purchase."

He smiles but I swear it's a smirk. Aware of how sketchy this sounds I just say "well if it's not too much trouble do you think you could just bring the machine up here?" Trying to sound as nice as possible though I really want to hit this guy.

"It's a long walk of stairs, I'd much rather just take the card down to my car, I promise it'll be quick" he reaches out his hand further, but I pull my card back.

I see a flash of anger in his eyes, and notice him start to grid his teeth. "Come on sweetheart it won't be long" still pulling my hand back he continues,
"just give it to me." He tries to grab it. My hands flings back but hits something.

A hard bone with soft tissue, and I can feel who's tall stance is behind me. "Is there a problem?" She says almost mockingly, pulling me in closer by my waist. "Oh no problem here, just trying to make this easier for cutie pie over here" he winks at me and I can feel the disgust in Gillians grasp.

"Just hand us the food and leave" his eyebrows lift and his eyes widen. Clearly he's not used to being put in his place by a woman like her. "Sorry I think you must understood sweetheart, this one needs to pay for the delivery" he says pointing at me.

It's obvious Gillians not too happy, she pulls me closer. "She already payed when she ordered, it was just the delivery. I'll put it on my card" she hands him her card. He eagerly takes it and runs down the stairs.

She grabs the food and slams the door "Gillian!" She turns around "what" I'm dumbfounded
"why did you hand him your card? He's probably gonna steal from you and find all your information" I sit on the bed with slouched shoulders.

"babyyyy" she puts the food on the desk and sits next to me, wrapping her arms around me. Although I don't want to, I have to crack a smile. She's never called me baby before.

"You have to learn in this industry, you gotta know all the tricks" I look at her confused
"that wasn't my real card you think I'm that dumb?!" She starts laughing
"i have about 5 of those fake credit cards. Each has a fake number, with the visa company. They sell them specially to management companies incase of things like this."

I let out a breath of relief, happy she didn't actually do that. "Wait till he finds out ooooo he's gonna be so mad that beard will probably fall off" I laugh, as she cups my face and kisses me. I smell her Berrie perfume, and revel in her soft touch.

It's magical. She stands up and looks in the box "holy shit" she says "what" I say, standing up "that guy was a total scam" I walk over a peer into the box filled with a toy donut, 2 bananas, and rubber bands.

"Thank god you didn't actually fall for him" she says, closing it. Just then I get a call on my phone. It's the restaurant.
"Hi! Oh ok, no that's fine. Ok sounds good!" I hang up, Gillian looks at me with that "well what happened" expression

"The guy said one of there machines broke so orders are going to come out slower, he said ours will be done in about another half hour" I say, sitting back on the bed "oh well, that's fine" she says kissing my cheek.

Then all of sudden there's crazy banging on the door. "YOU LIARS FUCKING WHORES BURN IN HELL UGLY BITCHES" though I'm getting a bit spooked by the visitor, Gillian just laughs. Trying to keep it down, she shoves her head into my pillow. I laugh at her for the act, and try to keep myself down just staring at her.

After about a minute the yelling and banging stops. Still laughing I smack her ass "bro he could've broken the door down" she laughs even harder and sits up. "Why you touching my plump peach" I laugh so hard with her, we're almost crying.

"I can't help it that your plump peach is so juicy" we start wheezing it's really not okay. we try to catch out breath, and lie down on the bed. This is the kinda romance I want. Too bad I can't have it....