finally

YOUR POV:
The room still smells of that awful, medicine scent. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm feeling some distress that Gillian isn't sitting by my bedside. I know it's selfish, like I said she has a job, but I still wish she were here.

The nurse tells me I've been in a coma for almost 5 months, leaving my mouth gaping open. "Really? What day is?" "It's December 13th" I look at her with wide eyes, she just smiles though.

They can't give me normal food considering how long I've been without it, so there feeding me through a damn tube again. I don't like it, but they said if I tried eating normal food I would probably throw up.

I look different from when I last saw myself. My bones are visible through my chest, my arms are weak and skinny, my collarbones are 10x more visible, and my skin is an odd grey-yellow colour. I examine myself, waiting for the redhead to walk through the door, but she doesn't.

I feel bad getting my hopes up, I mean it is getting close to Christmas, and she HAS a job. Then I remember as I sit up "I'm legal!" I whisper. I quickly grab my cold phone at 8% and look at the calendar. Yup November 3rd has passed, I'm 18.

I see a message pop up from Instagram when the wifi connects. It's from Gillian. My hearts lights up. It's from November third, wow she remembered my birthday? I read the paragraph, warm and heartfelt.

I feel so bubbly, smiling at my phone. I text her back. "Hey Gillian, thanks heh I hope you can say it person soon :) and yes, now that I'm legal can you please stop fucking mulder, and kiss me already 😑. I love you, merry Christmas
xo, y/n <3"

I send it and feel the butterflies coming back from the dead in my gross, limp body. I ask to shower, but I'm not allowed until they know I can't do it myself. I talk to my parents, and wait to finally get clean after 5 whole months.

GILLIANS POV:
I wake up feeling.... happy for the first time in months. I smile and squeeze the sheets in my hand, thinking of her. I grab my phone and see an Instagram message. It's from her.

Even though it's 11am butterflies are already circling my stomach. It's from 4am yesterday, I think for her that's 5 pm or something.

I eagerly open it, and bite my lip while reading every last letter. I laugh, and start typing "I love you too gorgeous" I send it, surprisingly after an hour she actually sees it, then deletes her message.

I can't help but smile "she still knows the drill" I blush. I delete mine too, and plan out my days. Standing in front of my calendar I say "okay, when I get officially get off on the 18th, I'll fly down to see her"

We don't technically get off yet, we're supposed to stay for emergency shoot times, but our boss usually lets us off about a week earlier. "If I can, I'll bring her back here, we can celebrate Christmas and New Years together"

I'll spend the usual tradition with David and my family, but we'll celebrate the rest together. Honestly David wouldn't care if I told him, but I'm staying loyal to her. Hopefully this works. I book my flight down to Canada, and call the hospital.

I tell the nurse that I will be there on the 18th, to keep it a secret From her. She agrees, and we hang up. Now, we wait.

YOUR POV:
Showering feels so weird, but it's amazing to finally be clean. The days pass drearily in the hospital bed. Between talking to my parents, talking to nurses, and playing on my phone, there's really nothing to do.

If she were here it would be better. The nurse who's been with me throughout, comes in to talk to me. "I have some good news!" She says, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Yeah?" I sit up.

"We still don't know what actually happened to you, but surprisingly you actually seem to be doing great" she looks at her clipboard "your recovering very fast, and in a few days you might actually be able to leave"

She smiles seeing my eyes get all big "really?" I say, my adrenaline starting to pump "yes, we just need to run some more tests, get you to eat more, and you might be free to go home!"

I'm so happy I hug her. She laughs, and hugs back. "Now you get some rest okay?" I smile, as she leaves, closing the door. Wow, maybe I will sleep good tonight.

GILLIANS POV:
My flight just landed, I'm rushing to get my taxi. I'm running behind schedule, which is aggravating but I'll make it. I was supposed to be there at 2pm, but it looks like I might be a few minutes late.

All though I don't try to, I rush the driver. He just grunts annoyed, but listens anyway. I'm blushing the whole ride there, wondering what her reaction will be. I finally arrive, and see the nurse.

"Hey! Hey!" She waves "Gillian!" She rushes over "okay shes in room 107, down the hall" i smile "thanks!" She returns it, then walks the opposite way. Okay, now is the time. Here it is.

The moment I can finally kiss her again. I walk down the hall, and find the room. I quickly listen to the sounds inside. It's silent, aside from Taylor swift playing softly. I know she's in there alone.

I take one last big smile, and thrust open the door.