Paper thin plans

GILLIANS POV:
That smile I haven't seen in months is finally staring back at me. The longingness in her eyes, through hollow cheek bones should be eerie, but I think she's beautiful.

Her whole face lights up, instantly opening her arms for an overdue hug. Her lanky thin arms wrap around me, as if to say a million words. I hold her as tight as I can, smelling the hospital shampoo in her hair.

She just leans her head in my shoulder. I feel her spine through her hospital gown, and the feeling of deep remorse fills me once more.

Without letting go of me, she says "I woke up and you weren't here" I just hug her tighter "I know, and I'm sorry. If I could have, believe I wouldn't have spent another second in London"

I feel a smile spread on her face. I gently pull away and notice little tears under her glassy eyes. "Hey hey it's okay" I take my thumb, and wipe them away. She giggles and says "don't flatter yourself, I was crying listening to Taylor"

I laugh and pull her in again. Someone knocks on the door. "Y/n?" It's the nurse "come in!" She says. She walks in and smiles at us, saying "i see you two must've missed each other" we both blush, she just chuckles.

"Anyways, I came here to bring you these" she hands her maybe 4 different papers with small print. "Have you told her?" She shakes her head "okay, you let me know when you have, bye!" She waves and closes the door.

"Tell me what?" I say trying to get an overview of the papers.
" you have to answer a question first" she pulls them out of my eyesight. "Okay, ask away babe" I say leaning forward towards her chapped lips.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" She leans in too "24th is with David and his family, and Christmas Day is with my family" I lick my lips "mmm okay" she smiles "so are you free on the 26th?"

I nod "why?" She puts her hand on my cheek, thumb over my lips. "I'm going home"

YOUR POV:
Her face brightens, plastering that sweet smile along her cheeks.
"really?" Her voice has gone up at least 3 octaves. I nod, and smile with her. She cups my face in her hands like she used too, and quickly gives me 3 kisses. There not long, just little excited pecks.

"You are coming back to London with me, and we are gonna stay at my house, make dinner, eat ham, mashed potatoes, and cuddle by the fire listening to any Taylor swift song you want"

I laugh and bite my lip. Then her eyes raise "hey! Guess who's legal now!" I smile and watch her eyes pouring with excitement. She gives me one long, comforting, gentle kiss.

"These are the papers I have to sign to leave" she puts her hands back in her lap, and looks over the papers. "Yeah, you can leave in 2 days wow" I blush while staring at her concentrated little eyes.

"Are you okay though? Are they feeding you right? Do you even remember stuff?" She says gripping my hand. "Yes Gillian, I'm just skinny cuz I've been dead for like 5 months but I promise, I'm fine" I grip her hand tighter, and smile.

"Okay, as long as your okay, I'm okay..... okay?" I laugh "maybe try fixing your English" we laugh and talk about London, filming, David, and then she brings up the guy from my house.

"Wait the one who was standing outside that day?" She nods "yeah, he was the one in our hotel room that night too. I think he's the one who tried to kill you, and I think he was after me next"

My eyes just widen with each sentence, I'm hanging on to every word. "I would pretend to go out, and find him circling my house, then one day I just decided I would leave the door open to see what he wanted, so I hid inside my basement and actually saw him close up"

She describes a glass eye, dirty clothes, and someone who seems overall creepy. "He looked right at me I swear but then he tried to flee, but since I'm so smart I had already called the police" she flicks her hair over her shoulders and rolls her eyes.

I raise an eyebrow "okay well let's see you find aliens hm" I laugh "you never found them anyways it was always mulder" she sighs "shut up I'm telling a story"

I giggle while she continues, telling me about this guy. "His trial is going to be sometime in March next year, but I promise you I will get him on death row"

I hold in laughter "Gillian your 5'2" she try's not to laugh either "okay well-" she pauses then realizes she can't argue. We laugh and plan out how Christmas will work. After about 2 hours we finally decide on one schedule.

I will fly back to London with her on the 21st, and come to Christmas with her and David on the 24th. "He's a sucker for me, instead of 2 separate Christmas' with each of our family's, I'll get him to do it on the 25th together"

She pulls out her phone "I promise you, David is most trustworthy person. Plus, he's dated some younger women so I don't think he would really care. If it upsets you though, we can just say we're friends"

I'm overwhelmed by her words, but generally understand what she's saying. One Christmas with both family's, and one day for me, her, and David. Sounds fine.

We eat dinner and cuddle in the hospital bed. The only person coming in here is the nurse, since my parents went home. The nurse seems to ship us anyways and When the room is pitch black aside from the light of the tv, I start to fall asleep.

I'm wrapped in her arms like back in LA. She shuts off the tv, and just pulls my body closer to hers. After a few minutes she says "y/n?" I hear, but don't move. Her thumb rubs against my shoulder while I choose not to say anything

"I will never let go of you again" the words bring me pure joy, though I know they hurt her. After a few moments I whisper "I love you" in the dark room. "I love you too" the sound of her voice echos in my mind as I fall away.