perfect....

YOUR POV:
So like last time in LA we fucking overslept AGAIN. We woke up at 1 this time, new record. Gillian thought it wouldn't be bad to just chill here for the day, take it easy. I agreed, and we spent the day in the hotel.

I think the room got to her though, because around 7 she asked to go drive somewhere.

"like where?" She slides her shoes on "I don't know, let's explore somewhere together" I smile and put on my shoes, she holds the door open for me and in a British accent
"you first m'lady"

I giggle "oh your too kind monsir" we giggle heading down to her rental car she got earlier this morning, it still has that new car smell to it. We drive off down a road neither of us know, and end up by a field. A few benches are scattered among this new place, as we get out of  the car I can't help but admire the beautiful sky out here.

Gillian walks up to the bench in the centre of the field, gracefully sitting down as one does. I follow, and stand next to her, both of us now peering at this awesome place. She pats the bench, so I sit down.

"It's so beautiful" I say not taking my attention away from the purple/blue/black sky. I don't hear a reply, and turn to face her, seeing she's already facing me. Losing myself in her eyes, as I have before.

She leans in, the feeling of butterflies just from her lips exploding in my stomach. Those perfect, soft lips on mine. Her hand is on my jawline, mine on her thigh. We sit on this bench, in some random spot in LA, making out. I dont know how it gets better than this.

But it does. I can feel myself adoring her presence, while she starts getting a little touchy. With both hands on my jaw now, and my hands gripping her waist, it's something out of a movie. I only break for a second to stare into her eyes once more, than resume to tasting her mint gum through kisses.

After what feels like moments of just getting to know her lips, she pulls away
"let's go back to the hotel" she says. I nod and follow her to the car. A night of (many) kisses, and warmth follows, we drift away in each others arms as last night.

GILLIANS POV:
The annoying news beep on my phone goes off, I rub my crusty eyes open and ignore the message. I'd rather be cuddling with her than looking at a stupid story. Closing my eyes again, I re gain my steady breath against her.....but my phone beeps again. And again.

The fourth beep sets me off and I grab my phone from the nightstand.
What the fuck is so important I think to myself. Then I read the headlines, and freeze.

"Singer y/n spotted kissing Gillian Anderson last night?"
"Actress Gillian Anderson found making out with singer/songwriter y/n!"
"Y/n and Gillian Anderson were caught out together last night, possibly dating?"
"Confirmed! Gillian Anderson and y/n are dating!"

I furrow my brows the more my eyes scan it. I'm so mad I can't even say anything. I notice myself gripping my phone very tightly, and try to calm down. But I can't.

I decide I might as well wake her, though I would much rather pretend this never happened. I kiss her forehead and shake her shoulder "y/n?" She groans
"I think you should see this" she glances at the tv then realizes I'm motioning to my phone and sits up.

"Yeah?" She says, finger-brushing her hair. I hand her my phone with the headlines all scattered around. "What the fuck is this" her eyebrows start to furrow just like mine at the first headline.

She looks back up at me
"what are we going to do?" I notice pure worry in her eyes and pull her in for a hug.
"Gillian if my parents see this-" I pull away and look into her now remorseful eyes

"It's okay, we'll fix it" I take the phone back and click on one of the articles. She watches me scroll, getting progressively more and more upset each line I read. "This is bullshit" I state

"This stupid ass publisher literally wrote "y/n and Anderson were spotted last night at Eve street LA, kissing on a bench. It's true these two have been dating for a while! When Paige sholtz told us how they were spending nights together during last years august, it turns out to be true! What do you guys think about the age gap between these two, do you ship them?" Thats absolute dog shit"

She looks me, a bit shocked by my anger
"sorry that just really pisses me off" she nods and looks at the carpet
"it's just that was supposed to be a special moment for me and my girlfriend just us. Alone. And those selfish assholes had to come and ruin it"

I notice her try to hide the smile that my rant brought her "yeah, I thought that was honestly a perfect moment. Now it's ruined" she says, still staring at the carpet in our room.

I sad smile, she looks back up at me
"Gillian I'm not even out yet. My parents think I haven't met the right guy, and they think your like my second mother"

Her gaze is falling to the bed
"I just don't know what to do"  she wraps her arms around me, resting her head on my shoulder "don't cry, please" she sniffles and waits for my next sentence

"You don't regret anything do you?" The thought makes my stomach hurt. She quickly pulls out of my shoulder, her glossy eyes are already telling me my answer. "Of course not, I've loved every second with you Gillian"

Falling back into my shoulder, arms around me I giggle "okay, just making sure" she giggles too and says "how do I tell my parents?" I'm scratching my brain for the best answer in a situation like this...

"Honestly I don't know. You could wait for them to read it, but that would cause even more mistrust with them, but if you text them outing yourself, who knows how accepting they'll really be?"

She pulls away and sad smiles, only making me feel worse
. "I'm guessing they still don't know about us possibly moving in together?" She nods looking at my lap.

I kiss her cheek and say "I'm going to go get ready, you know your parents better then me, so just think about the best way you could tell them ok?" She nods "I love you" she looks up at me "love you too"