this is goodbye

GILLIANS POV:
I wake up, still holding her hand. She sees I'm awake, and kisses my cheek
"mornin!" I rub my eyes "hi" I offer a small smile. She gets out of bed, and heads the to the bathroom.

I can't stop thinking about last night. Does she even remember what happened? I mean she was pretty much knocked out. But what did she mean? I have so many questions but don't want to bother right now.

Today's a new day, why drag this on? Like I said, we'll deal with it when we get to it. After getting ready and spending the day together I find out we're actually leaving on the same day.

"Wait really?"
"Yup, I get on my flight at 7 in the morning" I bite my bagel "I get on my flight at 6 in the morning" we're having lunch in a little cafe by the beach. We plan to go swimming today.

After many hours in the sun, we head back pretty late. Staying in my hotel room this time, she gets in the bed and pretty much turns off.

YOUR POV:
After spending our last 3 days here together, I'm reminded of what's coming. Although I try not to think of it, I know it's going to happen. And it does. I hear her alarm go off at 2:30am.

She told me she was setting it early since you're supposed to arrive 3 hours early when travelling international which we both are. We decided it'd be smart to go together, she said she didn't mind waiting an extra hour, as long as she was with me.

I hate the romance because it reminds of what's going to be lost when we separate. She turns off the alarm, and we both groan. Her arms are still tangled around me. She sits up, and I follow. We slowly, almost with no talk get ready. I think we're both just too tired right now.

"You ready?" She holds the door open for me as I nod. We get in our taxi, and head to the airport. Then all of sudden I remember that conversation we had a few nights ago. All I remember is her telling me to go to sleep, and me asking if she'd date me.

That's fucking embarrassing. I really hope she forgot for my egos sake . I think there was something else but I can't remember it. We arrive at the airport, and fill out all the paperwork. I know Gillian can tell somethings off with me, and it's not that I'm tired.

After a delirious hour of checks, and baggage we finally get to wait for our flights. "Thank god that's over" she says sitting next to me. I don't reply, just nod and force a smile.

She puts her hand on my shoulder and shakes me "okay what's wrong, you've been acting off since yesterday. I know somethings upsetting you" I look into her sympathetic eyes, and have to look away so I don't break down right here.

"I-"
I try my best to put my feelings into words but focus on breathing so I don't cry. She waits patiently for me, silently putting her arm around me. Once I've calmed down I say "it's just, when we spilt our ways.... I don't want to forget this" I feel tears start to pool in my eyes and focus on breathing again, staring down at my clammy hands.

I can already tell her mood is dropping.
"is that what you meant that night?"
I look up at her "what night?" genuinely confused,
"that night you asked if it wasn't illegal would I date you, and when we have to go home, would I forget you"

A huge knot forms in my throat. I forgot I said that. I look away and think of other things so I don't lose it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said any of that, it's not your fault I get attached so easily" I'm practically panting now what the fuck is wrong with me.

"That's just how life works" she pulls me closer to her, then whispers
"you really think I would forget you?" I feel my heart slowly move up from my stomach.
"Y/n you are probably the most beautiful, kind, gentle, loving girl I've ever met, and this week has been one of the best weeks of my life"

I smile so big now. "Well besides the week David tripped on a polished floor" I chuckle. She smiles knowing she got that out of me. "Promise me you won't forget me" she pulls out me hand, and intertwines it with her own while I smile.
"I promise, I just don't want this to end"

She smiles "I wish this would last forever" this time she rests her head on my shoulder. The butterflies are going crazy. Then as if time sped up I hear my flight being called "I guess this is goodbye" I say quietly.

I feel the sadness come in waves again. She stands up and gives me and long, tight, sad hug. "Final call for flight 992?" She pulls away "I have to go" I say. She gives me one final soft kiss. I show the lady my ticket and start to walk in, when suddenly Gillian says,
"Wait!" shes come behind me "there's one thing I forgot to tell you" the ticket lady looks at us impatiently. Gillian whispers "if it wasn't illegal I would date you"
we both blush profusely.
"sorry we have to take off" the ticket lady says

I smile and my eyes say goodbye to Gillian one last time
"I'll tell you something important when I see you again" she says. We both have the same sadness but thoughtfulness in our eyes.

"When I see you again?" I play those words in my mind the whole flight home. What could she mean by that?

*HEY GUYS this is gonna be a story with a few parts. This was only part one, but there will be more! Thanks for reading!*