Afternoon adventure?

YOUR POV:
We soon realize, there really is nothing to do. Everything is closed, we've done every activity in the house, and we've watched a bunch of movies. After lunch, we decide to just drive somewhere. Drive somewhere in London, to spend a day in nature with each other.

Honestly i like the idea. The thought of strolling down some pretty deserted street alone with Gillian makes me blush. After about 25 minutes of driving, she pulls into a neighborhood.

"I've been here a few times, I just love the view so much" she says as we get out of her car. She leads me down a little hidden path, ending up near a river. My breath is taken away by the beauty.

"Gorgeous right?" I nod, then smile and kiss her. We both decide after a few moments of gazing to capture the moment. Taking out our phones she does her usual high angle "🙂" selfie, with my chin resting on her head.

I take a side shot of us against the scenery. She looks stunning today. I put my phone back in my pocket, when she says "come on" and starts down a different path. What feels like at least 20 minutes later, we end up back at the river.

Not the same spot exactly, just the same view, only from a totally different angle. Higher above the ground, more elavated, I see the reflection of sun against water, the daisys formed little pattern, and even the flow of the leaves from trees.

"Gillian this is beautiful" she looks at me
"I knew you would like it" she turns her head back to the view
"I took David here once, but he's not really that much of a nature guy you know? Prefers games, and sports"

Her hair glimmers in the sunlight
"this has been a pretty fun afternoon with you" I say, her face turning back to mine. A smile we share while the warm breeze hits my back. She kisses me, and I feel the heat of the sun as if we're in the clouds right now.

This is perfect.

We pull away, then head back to the car. It's already 4:30 when we've arrive back
"dinner?" She asks. I nod and we drive off to a cafe in downtown. "It's so pretty here" I say, admiring the suns peak.

She grips my hand, and we walk inside. It smells of espresso beans, and toast. I love it. She notices the excitement in my face and says "what are we ordering?" I giggle and walk up to the server

"Hi, can I get 2 cream cheese everything bagels, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate milk?"
I get my number and wait to be served
"so I guess we read minds again?" I nod
"yup, you know I'm right though" she laughs and grabs our cookies.

I smell it being cooked, and what a scent that is. I get the warm food, and Gillian grabs the cold milk. We head back to the car, and once we're in she starts the engine. "Wait"

She pulls her hand away from the control "yeah?" I look at the sun starting to set ahead of us "would it be okay if we ate here?" She nods and puts the car back in park, as we chew in the solitude of this parking spot.

A delicious supper leaves us joyful, which is soon destroyed when we step back into the house. She promises well clean after, as long as we watch something first. I agree, as long as we do clean up the house.

About 2 and a half hours pass when I realize Weve forgotten to clean. I stand up grabbing the blanket around us, and announce "Ok, I'm cleaning this room right now" Gillian sad smiles and starts to put our things down. "Let me change first"

We've been ignoring it the whole day, but finally decide to tackle the New Years mess. Bottles on the floor, things knocked over, even furniture out of place.

"Ok here's the challenge" she looks up at me holding the garbage bin "we have to get this room cleaned before dreams finishes" she nods. It makes me happy to share my music obsession with someone.

"1 2 3!" I click the play button on the glorious Fleetwood mac Song and rapidly grab bottles from the floor. Gillian starts moving the couch back in it's designated area, and throwing pillows on top. We're starting the beacons last chorus, racing faster and faster to reach the goal.

The last instrumental of the song is happening when I put the last plastic flower back in the knocked down vase. "Yes!" Gillian shouts. I laugh and run back to pause the track. "Ok now for the rest of the house"

She groans and dramaticly carry's  her body to next room. We follow the same challenge, going through 'hotel California' - eagles
'say it ain't so' - weezer,
'loser' - beck and
'closer' - nine inch nails,  before we finally finish the house. However, during that last song I can feel a tension happening in the room. I mean, the lyrics are hella sexual so that's probably why, but her staring made me want to run over and throw her on the bed.

She sits on the sofa, admiring our work, inviting me next to her. She pulls me in just tight enough to feel secure and whispers "that was fun" I kiss her cheek then resume my position in her arms.

She turns on the TV and starts playing a simpsons movie. I feel myself yawning more and more throughout, until close my eyes.