last night on earth

GILLIANS POV:
I wake up with her still in my arms, yesterday's perfume lingering in her room. I pull her closer to me remembering everything that just happened last night. The blonde girl, her bleeding forehead, the boys she punched, the closet I hid in.

All of it seems so surreal. Her face is deep in the pillow, but I gently move it so I can see how it's looking. Surprisingly it's not as bad as I remember. She has a bit of a bruise by her eye, which I can see through the gauze but it's not alarming.

She must feel my hand on her head because her eyes slowly flutter open. She smiles when she sees me looming over her, making sure she's okay. "Hi" she says through a raspy sweet voice "hey" I smile back at her.

She jerks her head up so she can kiss me, then lies back down "how's your head?" I ask
"it doesn't hurt as bad as yesterday" she remarks while feeling the area "I feel the bruise though" I give her a sad nod

"Can I make you something to eat?" She offers, I look at her partially flattered and partially taken aback
"your hurt, I'd rather make you something" I run my thumb down her lips "I mean if I'm really that special"

We give a little laugh, and I stand up off the bed "I'll make you some tea okay?" She smiles at me, her eyes approving as if saying "ok" I'm the observant type, so I've paid attention this whole time

I know how to make her tea, steeping it for exactly 2 minutes, adding only a splash of milk, and letting it sit for a few minutes. I stand in the kitchen waiting for it to have sat long enough just thinking.

Why were those kids even here last night? Did they want something from me? It's obvious they wanted me, but why hurt her? In the middle of my daze I feel a hand on my shoulder

"Thanks" she picks up her cup and smiles at me, sitting down at the table. I sit down next to her watching her quietly sip.
"Why do you think they were here last night?" I say finally.

She puts her cup down "couldn't you tell? It's obvious they wanted to find you here" I look back at the table. She takes another sip of her tea "where were you hiding anyway?" I start giggling

"When I heard that bitches steps I threw myself in the closet behind your big stack of drawers" she starts laughing with me "she was digging through all your shit"

"I know" she says "she's ugly anyway" I laugh, there's a reason I never liked blondes. "I have to admit though" I start "you look hot when your mad" she puts her cup down and looks at me all wide eyed

I try not laugh and just nod "thanks I guess" she's trying not laugh too as I say "come on, you punching a blonde bitch is the best thing I've seen in months" I get her laughing again "plus I've never seen that side of you, and I like it"

She rolls her eyes and drinks her tea. After she's done, I look at the wound and clean it up again. With a few more chill days ahead we decide to make the best of it. She shows me how to paint, and I show her how great I am at off tune karaoke.

We even bake heart shaped cookies and write messages on them. The day has actually flown by, which is only making me realize I'm gonna have to leave eventually.

We decorate the cookies at 11:30 at night while dancing to more Taylor swift. It's so amazing, I love this feeling. We each get 4 to decorate, I write "ur cute" "marry me" "hoe to hoe" and "penis" on mine

Then I look at hers "I love you" "sweet" "missed you" and "vagina" I'm pretty sure she changed the last one for me. We laugh at our messages and eat the slightly burnt cookies. I could stare at those eyes forever damn.

Once we're done we clean up, and sort of just sit in silence. It's not awkward or anything, just peaceful. I wish I could tell her right now how I feel, but I can't. At least not now. We sit there in silence for a few minutes then move to her room.

"I hate these pj pants." She remarks while pulling them up over her waist.
"Why, you look so hot" she rolls her eyes at me, trying to hide her grin .
"I don't know, they fit weird." I smile and open my arms for her to sit next to me.
"Can you play me a songggg" I say quietly while I hug her tightly.
"I mean I was working on one from a few weeks back, but I haven't perfected it yet"

I kiss her cheek softly
"I don't care, I just like your voice" she blushes then grabs her guitar from its stand, sitting parallel to me.
"I think I might call it 'last night on earth' it just seems to fit the end of the world vibe"
I bite my lip
"Sounds like my kind of song" she begins strumming a nice walk down, then starts to sing for me.

"I got a postcard sent to you
Has it gone through?
Sendin' all my love to you.

You are the moonlight of my life
Every night
Givin' all my love to you"

She smiles up at me, looking into my eyes as she says
"My beating heart belongs to you."

I feel my cheeks go rosy as she continues.

"I ran for miles 'til I found you
I'm here to honour you
If I lose everything in the fire
I'm sendin' all my love to you"

I gasp at the beautiful vocals she just let out and try to keep myself contained as the walk down of chords starts again.

"For every breath that I am worth
Here on Earth
I'm sendin' all my love to you
So if you dare to second-guess
You can rest
Assured that all my love's for you"

I feel my lip pouting slightly as she stares down at the bedsheets under us. She sings the pre chorus once more then the chorus again.

"Did I ever make it through?"
Her voice breaks just the smallest bit as she looks at me once more before strumming the last chord. I can feel my heart melting away as we sit, and I pull her in close.

"That was so fucking beautiful" I kiss her a million times all over her face as she giggles.
"Thank you" she says, blushing as she places the guitar back away and resuming her spot next to me on the bed.

We get under the covers, and I pull her in like usual. The smell of her body mist all over me. "No one's ever serenaded me before" i say cheekily as she chuckles.
"Glad I was the first." She kisses me one last time before settling in. She opens her phone then as I feel myself drifting off I hear "Gillian" it's not a fun sweet voice anymore, it's low and serious

"Yes?" I'm nervous, turning my head around. "Look what someone just posted"

A/N : Song - last night on earth by green day

I did change some of the lyrics, but it's pretty much the actual songs lyrics :)