tipsy and tired

YOUR POV:
I hear the faint conversation, though I only catch bits and pieces
"hi!"
"You wanted to explain something?"
"She's in here" I hear footsteps and immediately correct my posture, as a sudden wave of nerves comes in.

David walks in wearing a grey t-shirt and blue jeans. Seems I'm the only one dressed up. "Ahh so this is the mysterious lady I've heard so much about" Gillian nudges him, and they both chuckle. I stand up and put my hand out "hi! I'm y/n"

He shakes, and sits on the sofa. "So, besides the sexy" he says looking at me "what did you want to explain to me?" He looks at Gillian with innocent eyes, she just laughs. "David stop being creepy" he laughs again then looks back at me.

"Sorry y/n, i know Gillians a real charmer, but come on" he says gesturing to himself. I laugh at him and say "David, you know she has a six pack too?" His cheeks turn red and Gillian starts laughing "yeah you heard it tough guy"

We start talking about filming, David's dog, and the awkward interactions they've had. Eventually the conversation circles back to what he originally came here for "so are you gonna explain what you wanted to now? Why Christmas got moved?"

I look at Gillian, and she's staring back at me. "Well, uh" she's looking for words "you know your trustworthy right?" He nods
"I'd hope" I giggle "ok well, your the only we've decided to tell, you know, about us" she's looking back and forth between the 2 of us.

"I mean, that's understandable considering everything" She rolls her eyes "as much as I want to, I can't bring her to Christmas dinner tomorrow, because of our family. I also don't want the paparazzi finding us"

It's true, the paps have found them several times on Christmas, it would be risky. "Okay, so basically you called me over to introduce me to your girlfriend" the name gives me butterflies "and to tell me that's the reason we moved Christmas?"

We both nod "ok" I can't get over how oddly calm he is. My parents would go hectic hearing that kind of news, and he just brushes it off. "Well, I brought something" he stands up and grabs a Walmart bag by the door. Gillian gives me a smirk.

"Surprise" he pulls out a bottle of wine "since your legal" he points to me "and your gay" he points to Gillian. We all laugh as she tries to hit him with his own wine bottle. He grabs cups and starts pouring the liquid.

This is my first drink, and I'm a little nervous. While he's pouring he ends up spilling some "fuck fuck fuck" while he grabs a cloth from downstairs Gillian whispers "you sure you can handle this? I mean you did just get out of the hospital"

I smile "don't worry, I feel fine" I put my arms around her neck, pulling her in for a kiss. First of the night. David walks back up with the cloth "woahhhh we haven't even started yet, calm down" we laugh as he cleans up his mess, and re-pours the drink.

He hands the first one to me "here, you first" I smile and take a sip. "Actually it's kind of gross" both of them chuckle.
"it'll grow on you" he says while pouring Gillians cup. Even though I don't like it, I take the cup with me to the table.

"Hey you actually bought the rich stuff this time" Gillian says, sitting next to me. He just raises his eyebrow and sits across from us, sipping his wine. I have to admit, the more I drink it, the more it grows on me, like David said.

The more we drink, the more energetic we seem to get. Actually Gillian only seems to be getting more tired. Me and David are practically yelling through our stupid conversations. We end up talking about air planes. AIR PLANES. The whole time Gillian is listening in, adding a sarcastic comment here and there.

The later it gets, the more tired she becomes. At one point she's actually falling asleep on the table. I'm not much help, I just massage her neck. David ends up spilling some water on her, waking her. We all laugh until it's 11:20 and David stands up "I should be going"

I look at him "no, you cant drive tonight" it seems that thought has just crossed his mind
"i hate taxis though" Gillians kind of out of it, but she showed me around her house, I know where the guest room is "hey just sleep in the guest room"

"So your saying, you two are going to make me sleep in the sad guest room alone, just so you can cuddle" he raises his eyebrows "without me" he adds. I nod and chuckle "David, it's just down the hall. Make yourself at home" he rolls his eyes and heads to the bathroom to clean up.

Once I hear the door shut I rock Gillian with my hand "Gillian! You awake?" She just groans "David's spending the night in the guest room ok?" She doesn't say anything, so I take it as a yes.

The bathroom door opens and I hear his footsteps going into the guest room, then that door closes. "Gillian, can you stand?" All I get is another groan. I've done it before, so hell, why not again.

I pull her chair out, and help her limp body to a stance. I sit her on the counter, and pick her up. She must be awake because she wraps her legs around my waist, and leans her head down, her arms cradling my neck. I feel her warm breath against my skin.

The hallways dark as I open the door with my foot, and lie her on the bed. She's still in a suit, but what's the point of bothering her, she seems fine to sleep in it. I run back to the kitchen and grab a cup of cold water. I put it on the nightstand, near her side of the bed, so when she wakes up she'll have it.

She's already made her self a little ball. I tuck her in gently, and start changing out of the dress. It still smells like her perfume. I hang it up in her closet, and throw on the same t-shirt from last night. I pull my self next to her, and hold her in my arms, unlike usual.

She's out of it, lying so calmly in my arms. I already hear David, he's snoring from the other room. I roll my eyes, and pull her closer. Pressung a light kiss her forehead, I whisper "I love you." I don't expect a reply, nor do I get one. I just smile, as she lays in my arms.