rats

GILLIANS POV:
I sit on the bed watching some national geographic thing waiting for her to show up. One more night with her. I can't wait. Maybe I can tell her how I feel! Maybe we can see each other again! But maybe not. If anything were to happen she could send me to jail. It's wrong. I can't like her. I simply can't.

But I do. I try to think of the positives. At least I get tonight, it'll be special. After about 45 minutes I finally hear a knock on my door. I pretty much fly off the bed and open it to see that gorgeous face that I've already been missing even though it hasn't even really been gone.

"Yes yes yes!" She says kissing me while shutting the door. When she pulls away, she just looks so excited. Does she realize what she's doing to me? I can't help but feel it too though.

We have the whole night, and until 6 tomorrow. Plenty of time for me to tell her. We start by lying in bed watching food network like we did back in LA.

While talking about jimmy Fallon we hear rattling. We both stop for a second then laugh it off, thinking it's probably just some rat in the vents or something. We decide to order takeout like in LA. Everything tonight is reminding me of then.

Which keeps bringing me back to the "how am I going to tell her?" Question. Our food comes, and we just eat in silence. Man even the awkwardest situation with her is comforting.

She talks about how no one would understand her jokes except me. That makes me happy on another level. Once we're done she jolts up "oh yeah! I brought something!" She stands up and opens her little backpack and pulls out 2 packages from Amazon "oh these!" She hands me mine, and sits down with hers. "Okay, we'll open on 3" I nod "1" eye contact with her is getting intense "2" the rattling noise again

Again we stop, then laugh and continue. Assuming it's bugs or something.
"3!" We rip open our packages and stare in shock.

"You got me a comfy outfit!" I say, admiring her "you got me.... something" I start laughing knowing exactly what I got her. Right now it looks like a tiny piece of fabric

She picks it up and unflolds it "oh my god" I'm trying not to laugh as she almost looks cross eyed staring at the skin tight bunny suit. "Hey don't forget the ears!" I say, handing them to her

"Uh thanks" we both laugh "I bought myself the maid costume just for fun" I say, pulling it out of the bottom of the bag "ohhh I see" she says

"Okay fashion show time" I stand up and walk into the bathroom. I surprisingly like it, and walk out in it like the model I am

She claps and cheers for me "okay, now your turn" she squints and groans

She claps and cheers for me "okay, now your turn" she squints and groans. I laugh while I hear spandex snapping, and hitting her. After a few minutes she finally steps out in the bunny costume.

I think my jaw falls on the floor cuz DAMN. She's got a hand over the huge thong like part of the bottoms. "You look so good". I'm practically drooling. She blushes and laughs "I mean it's cute, but I'd like it more if you put the maid one on"

I raise an eyebrow "oh alright" I get up and put the maid costume on. It takes a minute for her to stop looking at my boobs that are falling out of this tight thing. We laugh and change back into pjs. We finally end up in bed and playing cards.

Although it sounds stupid It was actually fun. After many rounds of me losing at go fish I say "okay I'm tired of losing, come here" and we put the cards down. She already knows what I mean because as soon as I say it, she's already cuddling next to me

I shut off the light and just hold her. Fuck. I haven't told her yet. I lie awake, thinking of the right time to do it, but I thought too long. I look down and see her out in my arms.

I sigh, and smile. I tuck her hair behind her ear "y/n?" I say softly. She shifts a little "yes" she's definitely half gone already. Do it. Now.

I close my eyes then say "I love you"
The room seems to have gone silent, stopped even. have I made a mistake? Is it too soon? Will she use this against me? Why isn't she saying anything?
But instead of my worst fears, she mumbles "I love you too" my hearts racing.

I try to calm down, and fall asleep but it's hard. Especially after like 3 coffees. But I manage. Until I'm awoken by an unfamiliar sound.

I hear the sound of heavy breathing. It's not her, and it's definitely not me. Then it hits me. Someone's here. I'm not sure what to do, but my minds telling me to run. So I gently shake her. Thank god she wakes up without to much fuss.

I grab our stuff, and start to rush for the door. I turn back to see her giving me a confused look. I just look behind her without moving my face. She gets the message. She grabs her stuff then follows me out the door. We lock it and walk down the hall to my car.

I left it here at the hotel when I first arrived, in case paps recognized my car which is why I took a taxi everywhere. But thank god I did because we needed to go.

Our walking turns to running in car park, but once we reach my car we throw our stuff in, then bolt. I drive out of the hotel, trying to look for somewhere else to stay

"What happened?" She finally asks. It takes me a second before answering "someone was in that room" I can just hear the fear in her voice "how did you know?" I pull into an empty McDonalds parking lot. "I heard breathing and remembered the rattling in the vents"

Her hand covers her mouth while she stares ahead. "Hopefully were safe now" I say. I look over. Poor baby looks scared shitless. I put an arm around her and kiss her cheek "this is not how I wanted to treat you on my last day"

I manage to get a giggle out of her, which makes me happy. But what to do now.