Midnight drive anyone?

GILLIANS POV:
"We're probably not safe, as long as he knows what my car looks like" I swear I can hear her heartbeat. "You want fry's? A McFlurry? Something?" She just smiles the tiniest bit and nods.

I go through the empty drive thru, and order a large fry, and 2 skor mcflurrys. We get our food, then park back where we were originally. "So you assumed your mind powers would tell you which McFlurry I wanted?"

We share a smile "yup and I think I'm right" she raises an eyebrow and grabs the cup. She takes A heaping bite then laughs "okay maybe this time you were right" I take an even bigger bite of mine and watch her grin while I try to swallow to frozen ice cream.

I can't help but get the feeling we should leave. She must be feeling the same way because not even 5 minutes later she says "maybe we should get out of here" I just nod and quickly drive off. I'm not sure where I'm going to go though.

I decide to drive down the freeway, though I don't know this area too well. She's not saying much which I assume is out of fear that we could still be being watched right now.

I feel her silence is out of something more though, maybe somethings on her mind. Or maybe the fuckin cold ice cream gave her a brain freeze, like what did they do to that to make it -30.

I realize I'm running low on gas and pull into the next gas station. "I'll be right back!"

YOUR POV:
I watch her put the gas in the car with that gorgeous figure, remembering her in the maid costume only brings me butterflies. Then I remember that she said she loved me.... or did she? I know I was asleep so maybe I dreamed it, yeah I'm probably just wishfully thinking.

But what if she is feeling what I'm feeling? What if she did say it? But how can I be sure, I mean, I was half asleep. I don't want to ask though, too awkward especially if she didn't. But then I'll never know ugh.

She hops back in the car and starts driving again. "Ahhh now we find some random place on the highway" I laugh and she smiles at the sound. "Hey can you check the time?"

I pull out my phone "4:30 in the morning" I say. "Damn" she starts "what are we gonna do, my flight doesn't leave until 10" we sit in silence, just thinking.

At first I say "well we could just hitch it out somewhere like another parking lot, then you could fly home and I could go back to my house" but then I stop for a second.

"Hey um" she looks at me then back at the road "what if that guy is still at my house" her eyes question her thoughts before she says "your right" she pauses "what do you want to do?"

She pulls over on the road, no other cars are around. "I don't know" I look down at my dirty sneakers on her clean car mat "I feel safe when I'm with you but it's dangerous for us to be near each other with the stupid paps everywhere."

I turn my head to face her, she's already there though "you have to go back home to London and I have to go with my parents, but what about this guy" her gaze just stays right on me

"I don't think his intentions are good, for all we know he could literally be the one in that hotel room, but I don't know what to do now"

Her head tilts slightly, eyes moving from me down to the cup holders "I don't know" her hushed almost broken sounding voice somehow brings me back to LA.

She grabs my hand, then regains my gaze again. "I don't want to leave you here alone especially with him, and your right, for all we know he probably was the one in the hotel room, but I don't know what to do"

As if our eyes are communicating I can almost hear her say "I love you" for the second time. If there even was a first. My eyes say it back, as I notice a smile creep on her face again. She looks down.

"How about this" looking back up again she says "when it's time for us to separate, you text me everything that happens. If he's around your house, if paps are around, if that blonde bitch does anything, I don't know"

I feel my cheeks turn that oh so familiar rosy tint "but please, I want to know your okay while I'm on my flight. Text me tonight, and everyday after"

I smile and bite my lip. She licks her lips then pulls me in for another kiss. A Comforting, and nice kiss. I like it. Once I pull away I ask "Gillian?" She puts her hands on the wheel again, ready to drive away  "yes?"

Should I really do this? What if she didn't even say it I'm gonna look so stupid. "I don't know if I dreamed it" I start nervously already biting my nails "but did you say I love you last night? Or... we'll yeah last night? I was going to say today but then I realized that 12 am-" I'm rambling.

She giggles and pulls out of the little spot and back onto the highway "actually yeah, you said it back" I can feel her mood drop, she must think I didn't mean it.

Saving myself I say "okay good" and slump back into the passenger seat. She looks over a little confused and says "what do you mean" she focuses on the road again

"I was just wondering to make sure you felt the same" I see that smile re appear and feel better "I love you" I say in an almost mocking sarcastic tone

She giggles and says "I love you too" in the same tone. I laugh and watch her drive into the pitch black. All of sudden colour starts to appear in the sky, it must be morning.