you have no idea

YOUR POV:
I open my eyes in the bright room. Her arms are still tight around me, I can feel her breathing in and out. The worn off scent of her familiar perfume brings me some needed comfort.

Remembering that I'm in her arms makes me blush. I sit on my phone, not escaping from her clutch. I'm on Instagram liking a photo of her from a fan page when she suddenly says "mm that's a good pic"

I smile "yeah, you look hot" she just scoffs and bites her lip. A knock on the door disturbs the moment, as the nurse says "hey y/n, are you awake?"

Gillian quickly takes her arms off of me "yes, you can come in" she opens to door and hands me my meal. I've actually gotten real foods for the last 24 hours so that's pretty amazing.

I'm served a bowl of oatmeal, with strawberry's and syrup on the side. All to wash down with water. I'm not the biggest fan of oatmeal but after being fed through tubes, I'm not one to start complaining.

As soon as the nurse leaves, Gillian doesn't hesitate to put an arm back around me. "You want some?" She shakes her head "nah, I just want to make sure your good to go" I smile "you don't have to worry, I'm okay"

She takes my word for it, and goes back to watching me eat every last mouthful. After an hour I force her to actually get breakfast for herself. She objects at first, but as the minutes go by I can tell the hunger is getting to her.

"Just go grab some pizza I don't know" she laughs "please Gilliannnn" her stomach obviously couldn't take more because even I heard it growling after only a minute. She walks out the door, and comes back with Mac and cheese

"Jeez you were only gone for 7 minutes" she sits in the plain chair "well, I decided on food from here downstairs, but the bitch working there was taking hours I swear" I laugh as she fights with the packaging, and starts shoving her face with the pasta

"This tastes like Kraft dinner" I giggle, and she rolls her eyes, but doesn't turn down the food. After a few hours and much talking I text my parents. I want to ask them if I can spend Christmas with Gillian. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping they'll feel bad and cave in.

I open messages and start typing.
"hi mom! I'm wondering if I can spend Christmas with Gillian and David this year. She invited me over, and David will be there too. If it's okay, I'd really like to go" I send it and let the anxiety course through my system as I wait for a response.

After a minute I get a text back "y/n are you sure? We've lost you for so long and we miss you, we know you love her but this is Christmas, not Valentine's Day. If it's really what you want, then that's fine but we would at least want to celebrate something with you"

My heart just kind of stops. A huge feeling a guilt rushes over me as I frantically type back "mom, of course I want to spend Christmas with you guys, but with all due respect, your not even sitting next to me right now. Gillian is. She's been with me throughout, and I really would like to spend Christmas with her. We can spend lots more time together after, but please. Just this once."

As much as that hurt, i feel angry. They left my room the other day because they were tired and wanted to go home. They didn't show up today, and I doubt they will tomorrow. After a few minutes my phone finally vibrates again.

"Okay, if that's what you really want, we don't have a problem with it. Just tell me when you'll be home" great now I feel like crying for lashing out.

I ask Gillian "we said the day after New Year's Day right?" She nods
"I'll be back the day after New Year's Day okay?" I try to push it all down when I just get a simple "ok" back. I swallow hard, and look the white sheets. Gillian can tell, she always can.

"Don't worry" she hugs me.

GILLIANS POV:
the night is long, and the morning is plain. We're sitting in the room when the nurse walks in again, catching us in another cuddling session

"Sooo y/n, you are free to leave at 2pm today!" She cheers as we smile at each other "thank you! I'm so excited!" Her eyes are glimmering again, man she's cute. "Okay, one last injection to make sure everything's good"

She pokes the needle in her arm, and goes about her day. We talk as I watch her pack her stuff "I can't believe it" she says while changing into normal clothes "it feels like I've been here forever" I smile, in the back of my head I'm saying you have no idea.

The time flies, and all of sudden we're at the front desk. She's signing papers since she's legal now, and doesn't need her parents. I admire the girl in her black sweats, and baggy t-shirt. Still in the hoodie I gave her back in LA.

I smile remembering that day. That gorgeous day in the sun, exploring with her. Her hand touching mine shakes me from my thoughts "okay, we can go!" I smile and lead her out the door.