7

Chapter Seven:
____________________________________________

"I tried to reach you, I can't hide
How strong's the feeling when we dive
I crossed the ocean of my mind
My wounds are healing with the salt
All my senses intensified
Whenever you and I, we dive."

"Angelo!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw him sitting rather uncomfortably on the single-seater couch in the living room

Dropping the bags, I ran into his already open arms. He embraced me tightly and kissed the top of my head, tenderly.

"Lea, how have you been baby? Is he treating you right? Has he tried anything inappropriate? Is he forcing you to do something?" he all but asked in one breath after pulling away.

I smiled sadly at him and shook my head, my eyes traveling to the Greek God standing behind him with his hands stuffed in his sweatpants' pockets.

His face was blank but his eyes were gazing at me intently. Angelo cupped my cheeks, breaking our little staring contest, and I snapped my eyes back to him and smiled.

"I'm fine. I never thought I would be but, oddly enough, I am." I whispered.

He nodded his head and held my hand before turning around to face Darius, "The change of plan was brought to my father's attention immediately after it took place. Needless to say, he isn't very keen on the idea of this marriage." Angelo stated looking directly at Darius.

My eyes widened and a cold shiver ran up my spine as I, involuntarily, moved closer to Angelo. His hand squeezed mine as if to reassure me and I relaxed my posture a little.

"And I care because?" Darius asked nonchalantly.

"My father, how do I put it, he likes to create drama. He feeds off of unnecessary chaos and likes to make a big deal out of everything." Angelo elaborated a little more.

I frowned looking at Darius, "I still don't see how any of that information concerns me, Angelo." he said again.

I sighed but it was cut short as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his chest before talking again, "As for your sister, she is well taken care of here and nothing or no one can change my mind or dare to cross me."

I looked up at him as he spoke calmly yet with finality. His aura screamed danger and his presence was the kind to demand and attract attention wherever he went.

Men like him reeked of sins. His personality was like a daily newspaper and every headline was bad news.

This man, especially, was bad for the heart.

"Darius." I whispered his name.

He brought his attention to me and I nodded at my wrist which was still encased in his left hand. He trailed his hand down to mine and intertwined our fingers before turning me around to face my brother.