8

Chapter Eight:
____________________________________________

"I think I felt my heart skip a beat
I'm standing here and I can hardly breathe
You got me, yeah
You got me."

"Don't you look beautiful?" Alec and Anna gushed

I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my heel-clad feet.

"I don't know. Will he like it?" I asked nervously as I ran a hand down my dress and turned around to face the full-length mirror in my walk-in closet.

Why did I care about his opinion? I had no idea

It was too early for these thoughts.

But it was probably because I was going to be his fiancé and I had a reputation to uphold. His reputation.

"Duh." the twins spoke in unison.

I gulped and eyed my reflection in the mirror. My hair were done in a top knot bun with a few loose tendrils framing my face. My makeup was kept as minimal as the makeup artist could do but it was still more than anything I have ever put on my face. The shimmery rose eyeshadow popped my eye color and the rose lipstick complimented the overall look.

"Okay." I exhaled a large puff of air before turning around to face the twins.

"Shall we?" Alec stepped forward and offered me his arm which I accepted gladly.

Anna stood on my left side as we walked out of the room and down the stairs. Darius had already left the house an hour ago to make sure everything was organized and perfect.

The twins kept me engaged in small chit-chat throughout the way to calm my nerves and it did work for most of the part but as soon as the chauffeur came to open the door for us when the car stopped outside the hotel, my nervousness peaked once again.

I was thinking about my soon-to-be fiancé. And he made me feel shy, timid, and nervous ten times more than I already am.

Anna and Alec walked side by side with me. There were no paparazzi outside, thankfully but the hall was packed with invited guests and photographers.