36

Chapter Thirty Six:

____________________________________________

"Well you look like yourself
But you're somebody else
Only it ain't on the surface
Well you talk like yourself
No, I hear someone else though
Now you're making me nervous."

I had arrived at the hospital five minutes ago after seeing Xander and Xenia off and was making my way towards Eirene's room

She hadn't woken up when I last checked up on her. Mom and dad left for home a few minutes ago after staying the night and it was now morning so I insisted that they go and take some rest. Sylvia was still at the hospital with the twins.

Adrian was helping Jason and Julius to sort out the paperwork and some other stuff.

My eyebrows furrowed as soon as I saw nurses rushing in and out of Eirene's hospital room. I quickened my pace and stopped to ask one of the nurses. I could hear Eirene screaming inside.

"What's going on?" I questioned her.

"The patient is going hysteric. We're going to sedate her." She informed me and was about to run but I grabbed her by the elbow.

"Don't fuckin' touch her or else I'll chop your fingers off." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Her face paled and she mumbled an 'okay' before scurrying out of there.

I opened the door and her screams became louder and clearer now. The sight that welcomed me made my heart clench inside my chest. She was sitting on the bed, wearing a blue hospital gown, and crying hysterically.

There were two more nurses standing a few feet away from her and a very scared Britney. Anna stood in the corner while Sylvia was facing the window and as I looked closely, her shoulders shook because she was crying.

"Darius!" Britney exclaimed loudly. "Thank God, you're here. She's out of control. I kind of expected this reaction because it's normal for a patient with PTSD but she's in a delirium!"

"Leave, and don't fuckin' sedate her again." I warned. "I WANT EVERYONE TO LEAVE THE ROOM." I commanded in a loud voice.

Anna and Sylvia looked at me in concern, "I'll take care of her." I told the both of them as they passed me.

Soon, Britney along with the nurses left the room and I took slow, cautious steps towards her. Her head was buried in her knees but as soon as she heard my footsteps get closer, her bloodshot eyes snapped up to meet mine and her lips began to tremble.

"I won't hurt you, baby." I whispered and extended my hand in her direction.

She eyed my hand and then me for a good two minutes before raising both her arms in the air like a little child, signaling me to hug her.