24

Chapter Twenty Four:
____________________________________________

"So if I run it's not enough,
You're still in my head forever stuck."

Julius parked the car in the middle of a forest, which was apparently the venue of this wedding, and I took my gun out of the dashboard of my Mercedes and got out of the car

"I'll be right here." Julius informed with a sharp nod of head.

"Get the jet prepared for tonight." I instructed.

"We came yesterday. Weren't we suppose to leave in the morning, boss?" He eyed me in confusion.

I'll miss you.

"No." I answered, curtly, and buttoned my jacket before making my way inside.

There was a lodge on my left and I could see a few women standing on the porch, busy in a conversation.

I walked a few steps more and a beautifully set-up venue came in my line of sight. An array of long white tables, with vases of fresh flowers on each one of them, covered both sides of the aisle. My eyes then looked at the glass ceiling as the only barrier between the evening sky and ground. A couple of candle lamps hung off of the ceiling setting the romantic mood.

A mixture of white and red roses covered the pathway, which I assumed was for the bride, connecting at the end formed an arc.

Adrian Knight stood at the end of it, conversing with a man who seemed to be of our age.

"Mr. Pantazis?" I heard a deep voice and turned around to find Xander Knight standing beside me.

"I am glad you could make it." He said with a smile.

I nodded, "I had to. It's not just the alliance but also the respect and trust between the two parties that needs to be sustained."

He smiled, in what I guessed was pride, and placed his hand on my right shoulder, "You're a good man."

I was about to deny his ridiculous assumption when a voice in my head stopped me.

You're not a bad man, you do bad things. There's a difference between the two.

Before I could respond with something else, a woman who seemed to be in her fifties came to stand beside him and his hand immediately went to her waist.

"And who might this gentleman be?" She questioned with a warm smile while looking directly at me with her dark eyes.

I put my hand forward for a shake, "I am Darius Pantazis. Adrian's acquaintance." I introduced myself.

Recognition dawned on her soft features and she shook my hand, "I've heard about you. I am Xenia Knight, his mother. Welcome to the family." She spoke with the smile never leaving her face.