46

Chapter Forty Six:
____________________________________________

"And if I could turn back the clock,
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark.
I'd spend every hour, of every day,
Keeping you safe."

"Where's my father, Darius?" She asked, solemnly

Why was she asking that all of a sudden?

"Why are you asking that?" I asked back.

She seemed to contemplate before answering, "That woman, she said that she couldn't believe how naïve Christopher's daughter was."

My jaw clenched as I realized who she was talking about. She was Vincent's wife and one of the ten people Adrian had killed.

"Your father was involved, yes." I admitted, truthfully.

There was no point of hiding anything from her because she would eventually find out.

I watched as she struggled to keep her tears at bay and the hatred for that pathetic excuse of a man grew inside of me, even more.

I tightened my hold around her, "He's on the run. His last location was Puerto Rico. We're keeping a close eye on him."

She nodded, "I asked you to look for Anthony?"

I debated in my head for a while whether or not I should tell her, but I decided to rip the bandage off, "He was found dead in France, ten years ago."

Her eyes closed and she nodded once before nuzzling her head in my neck. I felt how her muscles tensed as soon as she heard about Anthony's demise but she remained quiet.

"Go to sleep, little angel. I am right here." I reassured her.

"I love you, καρδιά μου." She whispered.

(My heart)

I stilled as soon as I heard the endearment and looked down to find her eyes closed.

"What did you say?"

"I said, I love you." She mumbled, halfway dozed off.

"After that?" I inquired.

I wanted her to say it one more time.

She peeled her eyes open with great difficulty and gave me a look, "Ever since, I have started sleeping with you, I don't need my sleeping pills."

"You haven't exactly started sleeping with me." I teased yet I felt a sense of pride bubble in my chest at her confession.

Her cheeks hued pink, "Do you ever not think about it?"

"Not think about what?" I raised a brow.

"Sleeping with me?" Her voice dropped an octave and she averted her gaze.

"You mean having sex? With you? No, it's pretty much always on my mind." I replied, unabashedly.