38

Chapter Thirty Eight:
____________________________________________

"And everything happens for a reason
It's all a blessing in disguise
I used to question who I was
Well now I see
The answer is in your eyes."

"Boss, the Anthony guy you asked me to look for is dead

"Boss, the Anthony guy you asked me to look for is dead. He disappeared from Greece ten years ago and was found dead in France." Julius informed.

I nodded my head, "What happened?"

"Gas leak." Julius answered.

"Gas leak, huh?" I chuckled to myself knowing fully well that Christopher Petrakis must have had something to do with it.

"And where's Christopher?" I inquired.

"On the run, currently. His last location was Puerto Rico."

"Hm, alright. Are we done for today?" I questioned and stood up.

"Pretty much, yes. The public seemed to love the new law you added and other changes that you made." He said with a smirk.

I nodded my head, "I watched the news this morning."

"You don't like taking credit, do you?" Julius chuckled.

"You're talking about a lot of credit there, Julius." I quipped back.

He laughed in response and shook his head, "You're right, boss. I'll be on my way now."

He bid goodbye and left.

I folded the sleeves of my shirt up to my elbows and got out of my office only to hear mom and dad in the living room.

I hurried in my steps and saw them sitting there. Dad was engaged in a conversation with Adrian who had his arm around Sylvia's waist and the women were talking among themselves.

"When did you guys come?" I questioned.

Everybody turned to look at me and mom answered, "Just a while ago. We wanted to meet Eirene and also discuss a few things."

"Alright." I sighed and sat next to Eirene on the couch and she instantly leaned in my side.

I kissed her head and turned to look at dad, "How are things in office?" I asked.

I had asked dad to look after the company in my absence because I wasn't ready to leave Eirene alone just yet.

"It's alright." He told. "Your assistant misses you." He smirked.

"Dad, don't scare him. He's actually helpful." I sighed.

"It's not my fault. I'm just helping him man up." He shrugged.

I cocked a brow, "Are you? You scare the shit out of him."

He only chuckled in response.

"Darius, I know this might not be the right time. But we're here to discuss your wedding." Mom announced.