51

Chapter Fifty One:
____________________________________________

"And for every song, there's a song we're not singing.
For every step, there's a step we're not taking.
So let me know if there's something I'm missing,
'Cause this is all I need."

It had been seven days since Angelo had been hospitalized and he still had a vague memory of the night of his accident

The doctor said it will last for a few hours or days but I had no clue that it will take almost a week or maybe even more than that.

Every single time he tried too much to remember, he ended up getting a splitting headache and his blood pressure shot up.

The doctor advised us to not mention the incident in front of him, for now, because he is still unstable and it will take another week before he gets discharged.

I still remember when he woke up the next morning and I went to see him, it took him a couple of minutes to recognize who I am.

It scared me to even think about that moment when he fixed his blank eyes on my stature as if I am a complete stranger he was meeting for the very first time.

I had been working from home, or more like the hospital in my case, and I can't be any more thankful for having a boss as empathetic as Penelope.

Darius stayed with me every night and called me every two hours during the day. He took care of everything for me, brought me clothes from home, and all the office essentials that I needed to work.

Penelope was scared to see him in the office, once again, but was relieved when he asked her to hand over my tab, MacBook and left without causing any form of damage.

Her words, not mine.

Elizabeth had been kind enough to send homemade food for me every single day along with soups and salads for Angelo so that he did not have to eat the awful food from the cafeteria downstairs.

"Lea." Angelo called.

I stopped typing my news article and looked up from my laptop, "What happened? Do you need something?"

He shook his head, "No. I want to admit something."

He looked so weak, his face was still pale, and his eyes had huge bags under them.

I nodded my head, encouraging him to continue.

"Helena and I broke up." He told.

My jaw ticked and I looked to the window on my right side as he continued after a moment, "I just, I didn't take out enough time for her. I was so caught up in the office, and club, and... trying to remove dad from our lives permanently that I... barely saw her twice or thrice a week."

He sighed aloud, "I was going to ask her to move in with me, next week, and propose to her."

My hands balled into fists, the anger that I had tried so hard to suppress resurfaced, and I finally looked at him.