10

Chapter Ten:

____________________________________________

"You'll never be alone
Even when your world explodes
Cause after all the smoke clears
I will be right here"

"You'll never be aloneEven when your world explodesCause after all the smoke clearsI will be right here"

"Ajax, I need you to print this document for me and send it to the tech department. And tell them to hurry the fuck up and fix whatever the hell this is." I spoke in frustration and ran a hand through my hair.

"Sir, our lead technician is sick and his substitute is not as good as him hence the delay." He informed me.

"This company hires only the best. If I find out that the HR is lagging in their duties, I'll fuckin' fire each and every one of them." My voice boomed through the office.

Ajax, my personal assistant, flinched a little before he took his leave, "I'll see to it, sir."

I exhaled and got out of my seat before I walked towards the window and lit a cigarette. Athens was packed at this hour, wherever I looked, it seemed to be busy.

Glass buildings stood tall next to each other and there was a rush of people walking in and out of those dressed in professional attires. Some appeared to be fresh graduates while some seemed as if they had spent a good thirty or forty years working in the corporate sector.

The door to my office opened once again and I took a long drag, "What now, Ajax?" I questioned as I saw his reflection through the glass.

"Sir, someone's here to see you." He informed.

"Who?" I asked and puffed out the remaining smoke.

When the smoke cleared from the glass, I saw another reflection and I, immediately, turned around.

"Why are you here?"

She opened her mouth to speak but I shook my head and directed my eyes to Ajax who was standing in a corner.

"Oh, I'll leave. I'm sorry." He mumbled quickly and dashed out of there.

I walked towards the desk and put out the cigarette, all the while we maintained eye contact, and asked, "Who brought you here?"

"Apollo." She spoke in a soft voice.

"What brings you to my office, Κούκλα?"

(Doll)

"I brought you lunch." She answered timidly.

"You could've sent it through the driver." I countered as I wanted to know the real reason behind her appearance.

Her bottom lip rolled in her mouth and a small frown pinched between her brows, "I-I'll leave." She whispered after a while.

After she placed the brown paper bag on the table, she turned to leave and I smirked at her annoyance.