15

Chapter Fifteen:
____________________________________________

Don't wanna let you down, but I am hell-bound
Though this is all for you, don't wanna hide the truth
No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come

Don't wanna let you down, but I am hell-boundThough this is all for you, don't wanna hide the truthNo matter what we breed, we still are made of greedThis is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come

"So, exactly what did you get the job for?" Darius asked turning to me.

I looked up from my plate, too focused on my food to listen to what he said, "Hm?"

He chuckled as he looked between my plate of dinner and me, "I asked, what's your job description?"

"Oh." I mumbled in embarrassment. "I applied for the post of a digital journalist. There's a shift towards electronic media nowadays, online media to be precise, and what better way to write and share news stories with your target audience than to bring it to their phones or laptop screens." I told him with a shrug as I stabbed the beans on my plate and took a bite.

"Interesting." He said while he nodded his head.

A while later, I felt his eyes on me and I looked up to meet his intense gaze.

"Go out with me, Eirene." He said casually.

My lips parted in shock as I registered his words, "Huh?"

"I'm asking you out on a date." He repeated.

I blinked and gulped in nervousness, my heart sped up, "Why?" I whispered.

"I want to get to know you more. You're going to share my life with me, aren't you? We should know more about each other." He explained.

"O-okay." I replied thoughtfully.

"Is that a yes?" He raised a brow and I ducked my head as a blush rose up my cheeks.

"Mm hmm." I nodded my head.

"Good. I have to leave for Italy in a few days, got a wedding to attend. We can do it before your working days start, say, the day after tomorrow?" He questioned.

"Sure." I mumbled and shoved the fork in my mouth so he'd stop asking questions.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach and I didn't want to blush anymore than I already was so choosing to stay focused on my food was my last option.

The thought of going out with him was unnerving, in a way. I mean, we do eat together but it was never a date.

"Would you like to come with me? To the wedding?" He asked.

I looked back at him and bit my lip, "Um."

"I think you'll quite like Italy. Plus, if you're with me then I won't have to worry about coming back the moment I put a foot in that country."

I chewed on my lip as I thought of what to answer him. New country and new people were something I could never be comfortable with.

"It's okay, baby." I heard his voice which snapped me out of my thoughts.