37

Chapter Thirty Seven:
____________________________________________

"Said I'd never leave her
'Cause her hands fit like my t-shirt
Tongue-tied over three words, cursed
Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt
Bodies intertwined with her lips."

"Are you sure this is the first thing you want me to say right after I've won elections?" Pascal asked

I raised a brow in question and he quickly added, "I mean to say that in the first speech, we usually promise to make amendments. Not announce new laws."

"I don't care what you usually do. If I told you that I want it done this way then you should listen without questioning me." I retorted.

"Right, sir." He mumbled and nodded.

I tapped on the red button at the bottom of the screen and the video call ended.

"What was that about?" Jason was staring right at me with inquisitive eyes.

We were currently sitting in my home office and I had put Eirene to sleep before my online meeting. She was discharged this morning.

"I just made a couple of changes in the existing law." I shrugged.

Adrian chuckled from where he was sitting on the couch and going through a couple of files but did not comment.

"You literally declared a death sentence to the parents who so much as put a scratch on their child, even if it's unintentional!" Jason exclaimed, incredulously.

"He killed more than hundred men by himself, too. You'll understand once you're in love." Adrian answered for me.

I hadn't told any of the two about what happened to Eirene in the past but Adrian was no fool. He knew that Eirene had PTSD way before this incident so it's not difficult for him to put two and two together.

"In love, huh?" Jason smirked.

Leave it to this idiot to listen to the least important part of a sentence.

"Can't a man love someone?" I cocked a brow at him and he laughed.

"You're a bastard! You've had your eyes on her since the first time you saw her."

"First time?" Adrian chimed in, his head still buried in the file in front of him.

I had requested Adrian and Sylvia to extend their stay for a few more days so Eirene can get comfortable around them. Besides, I want her to open up to more people, not about her past, just generally.

"Yeah, we met her at a restaurant. She saw me almost killing someone and told me not to do it there." I told him, reminiscing that night.

"He dutifully obliged because Darius so obviously listens to everyone." Jason rolled his eyes playfully and tapped the back of his pen on the desk.