18

Chapter Eighteen:
____________________________________________
"'Cause I've been high and I've been low
I've spent a thousand nights alone, tryna hold on tight
And feelings come but they won't go
Please won't someone take me home before I lose my mind"

Chapter Eighteen:____________________________________________"'Cause I've been high and I've been lowI've spent a thousand nights alone, tryna hold on tightAnd feelings come but they won't goPlease won't someone take me home before I lose my mind"

I inhaled and then exhaled a large chunk of air before mustering enough courage to knock on the half-opened door I was currently standing outside of.

My knuckles came in contact with the wooden surface creating an audible sound.

"Come in." I heard his voice and my cheeks flamed up.

I patted them once before stepping inside the room. A strong scent of rain mixed with cigarettes blanketed over me, alerting me that I have officially entered his territory.

The first thing that I noticed was the color of the walls, I expected it to be grey or black but instead, it was a cream-colored room with the floor made of dark wood.

The furniture, however, contrasted against the light color and I saw a black bed pushed against the wall with a nightstand on either side of it. The bed was placed above a wooden platform which was two or three steps higher than the floor. A huge window covered the wall in front of me and on my right, were two doors. One was the bathroom, I guessed, and the other was fully opened.

It was the first time that I had seen his room and it was simple yet beautiful. The view of Athens from his window added more its beauty.

I think, he likes watching the city in his leisure time. His office has the same big window overlooking the city and its crowd.

"Julius, speak the fuck up already!" His voice brought me out of my reverie and I gasped silently.

I followed the direction of his voice, meekly, which came from the open door and tucked my hair behind my ear before knocking again.

"When did you learn manners?" He questioned, thinking I am Julius.

I walked inside to see his back turned to me as he stripped a tie off of one of the hangers. He was getting ready for work.

I swallowed before speaking, "Uh, do you need help with that?"

His head whipped around so fast, I feared he'd get a whiplash. A small crease formed between his brows as he was clearly not expecting to see me here.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and turned around with the tie still in his hand.

I took a small step forward, "I, uh, may I?" I asked pointing at the tie in his hand.

His eyes displayed an emotion unknown to me and after a few seconds, he nodded his head in affirmation.

I walked in his direction, feeling timid and meek, all of a sudden before I gently took the tie from his hand.