Epilogue

Epilogue:

____________________________________________

"And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are."

Darius's POV:

I was running my fingers through Eirene’s hair when she turned around and snuggled to my chest.

“Are you up?” I asked softly.

I felt her sigh quietly and her lips moved against my bare chest as she mumbled, “Please go back to sleep.”

She placed her hand above my eyes, “Sleep.”

I chuckled, “I am done sleeping.”

“Already?” She whined quietly.

“Mm hmm.” I placed my chin atop her head and wrapped my hand around her bare body that was half covered with sheets.

“I- We slept around 3 in the morning?” She whispered.

“I couldn’t get enough of you?” I told her but it came out more as a question.

She only scoffed in response.

I was aimlessly drawing patterns on her back, “Eirene.”

“Darius.”

“Thank you.” I whispered and kissed her hair.

Her lips were curved in a smile as she finally opened her eyes and pulled away to look at me.

“Where’s Ophelia?” She asked.

“Asleep. I checked on her thirty minutes ago.” I told her and pushed her hair away from her face.

The way light bounced off of her skin in the morning would forever be my favourite view. It accentuated the colour of her skin and made her eyes pop. She was a fuckin’ Goddess, without even having to try. Like I said, she was definitely God’s favourite.

“I love you.” She whispered and placed a tender kiss on my jaw.

"I love you even more." I replied without missing a beat.

"I know." She grinned. "Now that I am up, I should shower and check on Ophelia." She spoke while sitting up in bed.

I frowned and grabbed her wrist, "No." I gave her my best innocent face.

She looked back at me and raised a brow, "Don't give me that. It's not going to work. You made me sinbound and you're sitting there looking like an angel."

I smiled lazily and pulled her towards me, "In my defense, I do have an angel in my life. Two now, actually."

She bit her lip and placed her head on my chest, "I'm so happy, Darius. Life feels complete."

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her, "It does."

We sat there in silence for the next couple of minutes, basking in each other's warmth and love and relishing every single good thing and moment of our lives.

I loved her so fuckin' much.

Even more than before.

"Let's go check up on Ophelia." She whispered and stood up.