71

Chapter Seventy-One:

____________________________________________

"Running late on a Wednesday
Shortcut by the freeway
Locked eyes as you passed me
Two hearts on a cold street
Looking back at the same time
I feel your warmth, did you feel mine?
I get the urge, but I can't speak
Two hearts on a cold street
I know this sounds crazy
But this could be fate
And I'm thinking maybe
That you feel it too
Tell me are you busy?
And tell me you can stay
'Cause I'm thinking maybe
For you, I would travel to outer space
Take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe
For you, anything for you
With you, all the years just fade away
Like a dream in my arms, but I'm wide awake
With you, whenever I'm with you
Ain't it funny how the time flies?
Now you're here as my wife
Remember how you met me?
Two hearts on a cold street?"

Eirene's POV:

“Eirene.” I heard him mumble from the other side of the door.

I giggled quietly and placed my hand on the dark wooden that was currently stood between us.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Why are you doing this to me?” His voice was soft.

Like a baby.

My baby.

And THAT was absolutely adorable.

I grinned while running a hand through my curls for a natural wavy effect, “What?”

“I have been waiting for you for almost an hour now. Why won’t you let me see your face?” He whined.

My eyes widened and I placed a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud, “Did you just whine?” I asked him.

There was pin drop silence for a moment before I heard a faint ‘no.’ And I laughed.

“This is because you made me wait for you for two hours. You said you’d be here by four but you came around 6.”  I said to him.

Currently, we were at the Villa Meliti and I had planned to take him to The National Gardens in Athens. We were going to spend the week here.

Obviously, he did not know that yet but if I tell him, he won’t say no, right?

Maybe, he will. It’s not like I am his wife or something.

I quietly chuckled at that thought and heard his voice from the other end, “And now, it’s seven because of you.” He grumbled.

“Doesn’t feel good to be the one waiting, does it?” I remarked and gave myself a once over in the mirror.

I was dressed in a full-length ice blue sheer organza dress. It had thin, transparent straps with a deep neckline and some silver sparkles on the bodice.

“No, it doesn’t. Can I see you now?” The tone of his voice sounded agitated.

Deciding to not push his buttons anymore, I took a deep breath and placed my hand on the door knob.

I was nervous.

And that was an understatement.

I finally twisted the lock and opened the door but before I could process anything, I was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug.

Smiling softly, I wrapped my arms around him, “I missed you, too.”

“You didn’t.” He mumbled in my hair.