35

Chapter Thirty Five:
____________________________________________

"I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space
And when you're out there without care
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much."

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Xander couldn't believe his ears when he heard what his son, Adrian, had told him.

How could Levi's son be alive? How did they not know about his wife?

"Cazzo!" He cursed under his breath for the nth time and Xenia looked at him, sympathetically.

They were on their way to Greece and Xenia had heard her husband cuss at least eighty times now.

She rubbed his arm, from where she was seated beside him in the plane, and leaned her head against it to calm him down.

"Relax, Xan. You couldn't have known if they kept it a secret. It's not your fault." She tried to reason with him.

But the man was as stubborn as a mule. Something that ran in their family.

"See it this way, dea, he was alive this while and he could've come upon us anytime." Xander explained the reason behind his frustration to her.

She pursed her lips and nodded her head, thoughtfully. He was right.

"And now when he did come back, he dragged that poor girl into all of this." Xenia spoke quietly, her heart going out to the woman she's only heard of.

Nobody had met her, it was the way Darius had described her that reeled their attention towards the unknown woman.

He spoke of her like she was his personal heaven on earth.

Darius knew that a sinner like him was forbidden from the actual heavens up in the sky and Eirene was otherworldly; the closest thing he could have to get a taste of what it feels like to be surrounded by pure bliss and beauty.

He was a saint in the disguise of a sinner, that's how the people who knew him would often describe him, but the angel he stood in awe of made him sinbound.

She made him create another heaven, one that was ruled by a reprobate.

"The repercussions of such an act are not a pretty sight. Didn't you see what Adrian did? What I had to? Darius Pantazis nearly runs the country, I can't imagine anyone getting out unscathed." Xander voiced.

Xenia hummed in response, "The Russian bastards just can't help it. They're pathetic and weak but they have some nerve."

Meanwhile, in Greece, Adrian and Sylvia had showered and ate and slept afterwards. The exhaustion of two flights in one day eventually catching up to them.

Two men from the warehouse of the weapons just got done unloading the truck filled with rifles, guns, and hand grenades.

Julius had found out that they were going against a total of hundred and thirty men which was obviously nothing compared to their strength of seven hundred.

"Boss had instructed that we only go in with fifty men. He doesn't want us to kill them until it's not a situation of life and death, for some weird reason. He wants us to get all of them and chain them in that house, that's it." Julius informed Jason as they surveyed the living room swimming with weapons.

Jason was not surprised even the smallest bit when he heard Julius. Darius had killed in cold blood before, he had killed for his family and he had killed his family. Jason knew how it all would turn out tomorrow.