54

Chapter Fifty Four:
____________________________________________

"There's something 'bout ya
You steal the room
I can't believe I never
Seen nobody, nobody like you
I'm freakin' out
Just tryna play it cool
I can't believe
I never seen nobody, nobody like you."

"Leah, where are the black roses? You know she loves them

"Leah, where are the black roses? You know she loves them." I asked while looking around.

"On the way. The caterers are bringing them." She responded as she checked something off of her list.

I scowled at her tiny form standing beside and she gave me a bored look, "The event starts in three hours!" I spoke in exasperation.

"Don't you have something better to do? Like taking a bath and putting on your tuxedo?" She retorted, sarcastically.

I opened my mouth to reply but she continued to speak, "I am sure you do yet here you are, on my ass, and chewing my ears off like a fuckin' groomzilla!"

My jaw clenched and I narrowed my eyes at her before taking a threatening step in her direction. Her face fell and she took a few steps back, creating a safe distance between us.

"I-I meant, you should get ready so you get to see your gorgeous bride as soon as possible." She nervously blabbered.

I hummed in response because she did have a point even though I knew she was just trying to get herself out of the situation.

Mom forcefully took Eirene away yesternight because for some weird fuckin' reason my wife had to be away from me for at least a day before wedding. I put up a fair argument with her but she was not having any of it.

Eirene, however, did not protest as much as I would have liked for her to and followed mom out of the house, quietly.

I think that, at some point, mom managed to convince her that her superstitions are very much true.

And now that I have not seen her face in more than fifteen hours, I think I very much agree with Leah about me being a groomzilla but I was not about to let her have the satisfaction of being right.

"You don't tell me what to do." I said and folded my arms.

She scoffed and jutted her chin out, "Same goes for you. You do your work, and I'll do mine."

"Yeah, whatever. This place better be the way she wanted it to be or you're fired." I said back.

She burst out laughing as soon as I said that and I gave her an unimpressive look, "What?"

"You're going to fire me?" She managed to speak in between chuckles. "After I have done all of this?" She paused and pointed at the ball room.

"And fire? You've already paid for my planning services. Pft, stop it! Your humor is killing me, bro." She dismissed me with a swat of her hand.