50

Chapter Fifty:
____________________________________________

"So, what should I do in the darkness of you,
When you light up my moon from July until June?
What would I do if there wasn't a you?
Would you sing about me like I sing about you?"

"So, what should I do in the darkness of you,When you light up my moon from July until June?What would I do if there wasn't a you?Would you sing about me like I sing about you?"

My head whipped to look at Eirene who was staring blankly at a shell shocked Helena.

"Eirene-" Helena began to say but Eirene cut her off.

"You heard me."

"I-" Helena paused, baffled, and briefly glanced away, "I am sorry, I had no idea about his condition."

"How could you? You didn't let me finish over the call." Eirene replied, quickly.

I looked between the two women in confusion, my brain unable to grasp whatever that was transpiring between them in that moment.

"When did you break up with him?" Eirene questioned as she folded her arms across the chest.

I frowned at her question. Did she mean that Helena had broken up with Angelo?

Helena stared at her, a guilty look in her eyes, before she looked at the floor, "Last night." She whispered.

Eirene scoffed in turn, "So that is why he was drunk driving, huh?"

Helena's head snapped in our direction, "WHAT?! He would never do that."

"So, the professionals are lying then, are they?" Eirene retorted.

"He was already drinking when I went to see him. I had no idea he would go out driving after that!" Helena exclaimed with a distressed look etched on her face.

"Why did you break up?" I asked out of curiosity.

She glanced at me and then at Eirene, whose eyes were already trained on her face, before answering, "He never seemed to have enough time for me, for us. He's so busy with the businesses and all the family drama y-" She stopped as soon as she realized what she had said.

I watched as Eirene's composure faltered for a moment but she quickly put on a mask of indifference, "Family drama, huh? Too tired of our shit?" She questioned in a mocking tone.

Helena swallowed audibly and appeared to be ashamed, "I am sorry, that's not what I meant."

Eirene shook her head, "Don't cover up, now. You've spoken the truth."

I stepped away from both of them to give them their privacy but I was still able to hear all that they both were talking about.

"My brother loved you, Helena, he really did. And since you so obviously are not aware of what love is, let me enlighten you." Eirene started to speak in a quiet voice.

"Love is not always about the good times. It's never about that one first sight, instead, it's about every single sight, and every single glimpse you catch of your person and you feel like you're actually looking at them for the very first time."