30

Chapter Thirty:

____________________________________________

"When I'm close to you, I feel my heartbeat
Telling me that you're the one for me.
Darling, I don't understand the reasons.
I just know that this was meant to be.
And when I look into your eyes I see it,
Everything that I've been searchin' for.
Darlin', I don't understand this feeling,
I just know it's growing more and more.
Because I'm falling in love with you.
It's the easiest thing for me to do."

Darius and I were currently in a stare down match as we stood in the middle of his room

My nerves were screaming at me to look away because I had never looked directly in his eyes for more than fifteen seconds but his eyes, dear lord, his eyes were daring me to do so.

My neck was heating up and my composure was faltering and he knew it because the green in his eyes twinkled with a glint.

My eyes went to Julius who was busy instructing Alexa, our new housemaid, as she kept my clothes in half of the walk-in closet that was cleared to make room for my belongings.

"You lost." Darius' voice made me snap my eyes back to him.

"What?" I questioned in confusion.

"You looked away." He smirked.

I swallowed and averted my eyes once again, out of habit, "My consent matters." I frowned.

"Julius, would you look at that? My fiancé is saying that you didn't ask for her consent before shifting her things to my room." He said, aloud.

"She said yes." Julius replied, coolly.

I gasped and looked up at the two men who were entertaining themselves at my expense and blushed tomato.

"He's lying!" I exclaimed. "He asked if I am okay with my stuff being moved to another available room." I corrected.

"Oh, did he fail to mention that it was my room? Poor Julius, I've been giving him a lot of work lately. Must have slipped his mind." Darius feigned concern.

I looked at Julius to see him staring at his boss as if he had grown an extra head.

I had come home from an office only to find Julius waiting for me at the front door. It surprised me because we rarely interacted but then he told me that my room needs to be emptied and if I am okay with my stuff being moved to another available one.

Of course, I said yes.

"Anyways, you gave your consent. There's no going back now." Darius announced with a victory smile.

I stomped my left foot on the floor and huffed, surely resembling a child who was denied access to candy and walked out of his room.

I just got my period in the afternoon, how will I deal with changing pads when he's literally in the same room as me?