21

Chapter Twenty One:
____________________________________________

"Everyone has to find their own way
And I'm sure things will work out okay
I wish that was the truth
All we know is the sun will rise
Thank your lucky stars that you're alive
It's a beautiful life."

This morning, I woke up a with a light headache probably because of all the champagne that I had last night and currently, I was sitting in the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in my hands as I struggled to keep my eyes open

I wanted to sleep more.

Last night, I slept on our way back to home and Darius put me to bed after changing me into one of his big, comfy t-shirts.

I prayed to God that he didn’t look.

I groaned lowly and quickly finished the remaining cereal before I got up to wash the bowl.

Darius had left me a text this morning that he is going to his office to attend an important meeting. On Sunday.

As I rinsed the bowl, my mind wandered back to the events of last night. The way that he had made me feel so special, and how I opened up more to him about a lot of things.

It was as if I had no control over myself, I just wanted to let everything out but the rational side of my brain held me back from doing so.

Maybe, one day.

But I knew that it was mostly the champagne talking because after I had finished my first glass, I felt this funny feeling in my stomach.

Though, I can’t deny that part of the reason why I felt so giddy was because of how he was treating me. Bringing my favorite flowers, a candle lit dinner, and a place with a beautiful view.

Everything was just perfect.

He was perfect.

As I turned around to dry my hands, I blushed profusely thinking about the kiss we shared. I bit my lip in thought as I recalled the surge of emotions that rushed through my body the moment his lips came in contact with mine.

Lord.

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and made my way to my room and changed into an olive green spaghetti crop top with boyfriend jeans.

I had already showered after waking up and since nobody was at home, I decided to just put on my robe and roam around the house freely.

I made a quick braid of my hair and sighed in content. I have no idea why but after a lot of days, I felt at ease.

Just as I made my way downstairs, my phone started to ring and I saw Aegeus’ name on the screen before I swiped to answer.

“Hey!” I exclaimed happily in the phone.