14

Chapter Fourteen:
____________________________________________

"What if I told you, that I really like you?
What if I showed you, that maybe I could surprise you?
Would you be so kind to open up your mind and heart to me?
Would it be alright if we just ride along this road and see
That I can't be with anyone but you."

"Eirene!" I heard a familiar voice call my name and turned around to see Helena who ran towards me like a child

I chuckled and stood up to hug her, "I missed you so much." I said to her and she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"I missed you, too. Will I be seeing you more often now?!" She asked with a dramatic eye roll.

"I hope that." I replied with a shrug and sat down.

"Have you met Penelope? The girl's been driving me crazy ever since she found out about your engagement." She sighed.

I grinned, "I did. She didn't let me get out of her hold for five minutes."

Helena laughed, her brown hair fell over her shoulders, and shook her head, "She's adorable like that. Anyways, did you go to the interview?" She inquired.

I nodded my head, "Yeah. They'll call me tomorrow."

"It went well?" Her chocolate eyes lit up in excitement.

"Really well." I answered and tried to contain my excitement.

"Aw, I'm so happy for you. You'll finally get to experience the corporate world." She whispered and jumped in her seat.

That's Helena, my best friend, for you. She always got excited for the smallest of things and that's what made us grow closer. Her personality was completely contrasted to mine.

She was a social butterfly, more talkative, and a wild spirit.

And I loved her like family.

"In your face, Angelo!" She muttered.

I laughed at her childlike behaviour, "He loves you, you know that right?"

"Yeah, yeah. He's a twat." She dismissed me but I could see an almost invisible smile formed on her face.

"Get married you two." I said with a shrugged.

"After you, milady." She joked.

"Speaking of, how's Mr. Broody?" She raised her brows in question.

I chuckled, "He's not brooding. Not all the time, at least."

"Not with you, maybe." She teased.

Heat crept up my neck, "He was a little scary in the beginning but... he's changed. He's nicer to me." I said and bit my lip in thought.

He really had changed his attitude towards me in a span of few weeks. He was a lot more attentive and caring whenever he had the time, that is.