27

Chapter Twenty Seven:
____________________________________________

"Tell me what you want to hear,
Something that will light those ears.
Sick of all the insincere,
I'm gonna give all my secrets away."

"On my mo-mother's funeral

"On my mo-mother's funeral. That boy. It was, it was you." She whispered in a broken voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her but before I could say something, she spoke once again.

"You hugged me and you told me how brave I am and that I will get through it."

And as if lightning struck me, at that moment, it all suddenly came back to me.

Flashback

Dad, can we leave now?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

He looked down at me, disapprovingly, "Dar! We're at a funeral."

"I didn't even know her, dad." I complained.

"We'll leave in a bit." He said and turned to talk to a man.

I sighed in defeat and stood there for another five minutes before wandering off to nowhere in particular. I came across a hallway and started walking in its direction.

There was a room on the right side and it was empty. I continued to walk, not wanting to be snoopy, but my feet halted outside another room on the right.

The door was slightly ajar and I saw a small figure sitting beside the window, on the floor. I peeked inside to see a girl whose blonde hair fell down her back and her body shook with sobs. I couldn't see her face as it was buried in her tiny hands.

Before I could decipher my actions, my feet strode towards her and I sat down on my knees.

"Hey." I whispered while placing a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up and I nearly gasped.

She was so adorable.

She wiped her face with the back of her hand and blinked at me.

"What happened?" I questioned.

Tears welled up in her beautiful eyes once again and she started sobbing, "M-My m-moth-er passed a-away." She told.

In that instant, I felt bad for her. She was a child, so young. Nobody deserves that.

Throwing the rational side of my brain out of the window, I hugged her and said, "It's going to be alright. You're such a brave girl. With time, you will learn to cope with it. I believe in you."

She sniffled and gripped the front of my shirt, in response.

"Your p-parents let you get a tat-tattoo?" She asked in a small voice.