29

Chapter Twenty Nine:
____________________________________________

"Yellow tape around his body, it's a fucking homicide.
His face is on a T-Shirt and his family traumatized.
I didn't even mean to shoot 'em, he just caught me by surprise.
I reloaded my pistol, cocked it back, and shot him twice."

"What does he think of himself? Coming late to a ministerial council meeting

"What does he think of himself? Coming late to a ministerial council meeting. He's not the fuckin' president." I heard the familiar voice of Kendrick just as I was stood outside the door.

Julius' head whipped in my direction and the alarmed look on his face made me smirk, sadistically.

This motherfucker was gonna die today.

I opened the door and it slammed the wall, causing a loud thud to echo throughout the room. My eyes swept over each and every government official who now sat straight like an arrow.

"Mr. Pantazis." Pascal greeted me while standing up from his previously occupied seat.

I nodded my head at him and my eyes found the person I was looking for. When his eyes met mine, they widened and his face paled.

"I might not be the president, Kendrick, but I do have the power to kill him without being questioned." I answered his question which he did not think I heard.

He should have prayed I did not.

Kendrick was to be elected the next president had our party won but because of Melvin, the chance nearly slipped out of our hands.

Unless and until Melvin himself doesn't step down, our position in the parliament will be affected. Or I can always kill him and be done with it.

Kendrick gulped audibly as I took my seat at the head of the table, "Ladies and gentlemen, let's get this started shall we?'

They all nodded and Pascal turned to address me, "What should we do about the matter at hand?"

His brown eyes shone in worry as he waited patiently for me to answer his question.

"I have taken care of it. We'll be in power before the final results are announced." I told him.

A look of relief washed over his features and he nodded once before calmly sitting back in his chair, knowing better than to ask anything further.

"With all due respect Mr. Pantazis, we have already delayed the results of the elections. They were supposed to be announced yesterday and you know the media channels. They're making all sorts of assumptions and some of them has even gone as far as to create conspiracy theories behind the delay in announcement." Finn spoke this time.

"I am aware. I have been keeping up with the headlines but we also know that the media goons feeds off of unnecessary drama. Spewing bullshit generates the revenue for their franchises." I replied, calmly.