19

Chapter Nineteen:
____________________________________________

"I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me."

I was stood outside a Victorian styled house and I was surprised to see not even a single security guard patrolling the area

Jason had already checked the perimeters before my arrival.

I rung the bell, with Jason by my side and a few moments later, a brunette-haired woman opened the door.

As soon as she saw my face, her eyes widened and she tried closing the door but I placed my foot between the door and the wall and prevented her from doing so.

“Melvin’s not at home.” The woman spoke up in a shaky voice.

“I am aware.” I told.

Her eyes went to Jason and then back at me before she unwillingly opened the door and let us in.

“There are kids in the living room, please.” She pleaded as she stopped just outside another door and we both ignored her and entered the living room behind her.

A young boy and a girl who appeared to be five or six years old were playing on the floor.

They both looked up at us and the girl grinned at me which I graciously returned while the boy eyed me, skeptically.

“Please take a seat.” Dana said while gesturing towards the couch.

“We’re not here to stay for long.” Jason spoke up.

Dana cast a glance at him in worry before nodding her head, "Okay, would you like something to dri-"

I cut her off with a shake of my head, “Nothing, Dana. We’re not here for that and you are well aware of that.”

She pursed her lips and I started to speak, once again, “Listen, Dana, your husband stole the votes. Jason just found out that he had bribed more than half of the members which caused my man to lose. Melvin isn’t capable of making decision, or should I say, wise decisions.”

She gulped and rubbed her arm, “W-what do you want me to do?” She stuttered.

“I want you to tell him that I was here, that I had been inside this house which has no security, that I have seen his wife and kids, and that I know his dirty little secret.” I warned in a low voice.

“Are you th-threatening me?” She asked as her eyes widened.

“I am warning you.” I corrected her. “For now.” I added
.
“Don’t threaten my mother, sir.” I heard another voice speaking.

My eyes went straight to the boy who was now standing with his hands balled into fists at his sides and an angry look on his face.

I walked over to him and his mother whimpered, “Mr. Pantazis, he’s a kid.” She pleaded, quietly.