62

Chapter Sixty-Two:

____________________________________________

"Say that you've been hurt like that
You've been through hell and back
You won't do me like that
I wanna believe it
I've got my fingers crossed
That you don't double-cross me 'cause I
Don't need these barriers, scaring me
Like they did the last time
Fingers crossed that you don't scar me for life
That you don't kill the stars in my eyes
'Cause I really, really want you and I."

IMPORTANT A/N: Before I start this chapter, I just wanna ask y’all if you recognised Savannah and Eliza from the Unrequited Love Series? That is, if you’ve read it.

Also, Sorry that I went MIA for months. Sigh. And Wattapd isn’t working well for me. I honestly have no idea why that's happening. I always have to connect a damn VPN before uploading chapters and it wouldn't even let me upload media. :(((

If you guys have any idea, please let me know what to do with it.

Also, will wrap this book up in 70 chapters or less. Issa goodbye to Sinbound, soon. :’)

Eirene’s POV

My heels clicked against the shiny floor of the airport as I dragged my suitcase behind me. The airport was a lot less crowded than I imagined it to be. Probably because I took a flight past midnight.

I saw the exit just a few steps away from me and quickened my pace. As soon as I took a step on the pavement outside, a cold breeze embraced me. I draped the coat that I was carrying on my arm, on my shoulders.

It was 4 in the morning, when I took a peek at my watch and tapped on ‘Uber’ to book a ride. A few minutes later, my driver arrived and I got inside the cab with my luggage.

“Electra Metropolis, right?” The driver asked after greeting me.

“Yes.” I answered and we hit the road.

Buildings after buildings passed in a blur as I looked out the window at the city that was once my home.

Even though six months might not sound like a long time, when you are away from the people who are your family, every single day feels like a year.

I won’t lie and say that it did not feel good to be back here. It felt really nice.

I rolled down the windows and basked in the ice cold wind that immediately welcomed me.

“Miss, you like winters?” The driver questioned.

I looked down and smiled a little, “Yes. This is one of my favourite seasons.”

“Please, don’t mind me saying this but most people find winters very dry and dull. How come you like it?”

I looked at him, he was a man in his late forties with greying hair and an extremely lean physique, “Well, I love winters because they are super cosy. Especially winters in Athens. There’s something magical about this season, it’s oddly calm and serene.” I paused and briefly gazed outside at the city.

“Winter is poetic, it’s the season of love, of warm hugs, and tons of hot chocolate. My brother and I used to sit on the porch stairs with a hot cup of cocoa in the winter. The sky feels extra beautiful, don’t you think so?”