64

Chapter Sixty-Four:

____________________________________________

"Been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls, hoping you'd call
It's just a cruel existence like there's no point hoping at all
Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
Give me something, oh, but you say nothing
What is happening to me?
I don't wanna live forever, 'cause I know I'll be living in vain
And I don't wanna fit wherever
I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home."

Darius's POV:

I had missed her with every breath that I took. If it wasn't for Angelo, she would have been with me much sooner.

He kept insisting that I give her some space and that is exactly what I did.

But I was informed of her arrival the moment she landed in Greece. She had come to attend her award ceremony.

The Pulitzer that she had dreamed of all along was now sitting on her bedside table.

My eyes went to her petite form lying unconscious on the bed. Her hair were sprawled on the pillow. I could not help but feel as if something was wrong with her.

She had lost a considerable amount of weight. She was still the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen yet, there was something overall off about her.

I had brought her home right after she passed out and called a doctor as soon as I reached here.

I walked closer to our bed and gently brought her up to a sitting position before sliding down the zipper of her dress and carefully taking it off of her.

I had to change her clothes before the doctor came to see her.

Grabbing one of my shirts and sweatpants from the closet, I put them on her. She was practically drowning in my clothes.

Covering her with the comforter, I gently placed her head back on the pillow.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath and ran a hand through my hair.

I had yearned for her. But now that she was here, she felt more far away than ever.

I knew she did not mean a single word that she said back at the hotel but why would she be so cold? Why did her resolve not break?

"What happened to you, κούκλα?" I asked and caressed the side of her face.

A knock on the door made me look in that direction and it was Brittany, the family doctor.

"Thank you so much for coming on such short notice, Brittany." I said to her and stood up.

She shook her head, "It's alright. What happened?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "She just passed out."

"Let me examine her." She announced and took some medical equipment out of her bag.

I watched closely but my mind was occupied with a gazillion thoughts.

Everything was finally turning out to be fine but all that fuckery had to happen that day and things just went downhill for the both of us.

She went away.

Not going to lie, I needed her to be by my side. And even though I do understand her need to have some space, the timing was inappropriate.

A hand waved in front of my face and I blinked down to look at Brittany, “Where are you?”

“Right here. What happened to her?” I asked.