63

Chapter Sixty-Three:

____________________________________________

"It must be nice to love someone who puts you first
Then walk away when they expect it in return
'Cause when you said jump I said how high
But when I jumped you said goodbye
I would've walked through hell
To find another way
I would've laid me down
If I knew that you would stay
I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life
But now I'm falling hard
Without you here tonight."

Eirene's POV:

His fingers clasped around my wrist, “I’d die a thousand times over for you. I have absolutely no regrets.”

I closed my eyes in pure agony. Because, that’s what his statement made me feel; agony, anguish, and pain.

I turned around and looked him dead in the eye before raising my right hand in the air and slapping him straight across the face.

His head whipped to the side and I saw a muscle in his jaw twitch. He closed his eyes and exhaled as his hands balled into fists.

“Eirene.” He said.

“Shut up.” I retorted.

Tears pooled in my eyes and this time, I did not bother holding them back. If they wanted to flow, I would let them.

“Don’t talk to me. I don’t wanna hear your voice, I don’t wanna see you, and I most certainly do not want to be in the same room as you.” I spoke.

He finally looked at me and I saw a blend of anger and pain reflecting in his eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’ve got nothing to say to you.” I stated and folded my arms across my chest.

“What the fuck are you so mad about? Should I have just let you die?” He raised his voice in anger.

“I would have died anyways if something had happened to you.” I snapped.

“Do you remember when they buried me alive?” I asked.

His face contorted in pure rage, “Why do you keep bringing that up?!” He gritted out.

“I’m just trying to figure out if you know how it feels to see the person you love, almost dead.”

He clenched his jaw and I knew just how hard he was trying to keep his anger in check, “Don’t talk about that.”

I scoffed and raised a brow at him, “Why not? Does it hurt to even think about it?” I mocked.

He kept staring at me with a blank face but I could see his eyes darkening with every passing second.

“You know, that’s the problem Darius. You would die for me. That’s what you’ve always talked about; to give up your life for me. Why would you even think of doing that?” I questioned him.

“Why wouldn’t I?” He countered.

I chuckled bitterly, “Of course, you don’t see anything wrong here. Typical you.”

“Do enlighten me.” He retorted.

“You’re always ready to die for me yet never once you said, you’ll live for me. You’ll live with me. You’ll live to protect the both of us. You’d give up your life so easily? Don’t you know what’s it worth to me? I lo-” I stopped the words that were going to come out of my mouth.

“What and who will I live for if you’re not there? Did you ever think of that? Probably not.” I scoffed and walked closer to him.

“How were those six months without me? Did you miss me? Did you realise how painfully difficult it is to live without the person you love? Do you now understand what I felt?” I said and pushed at his chest causing him to back a couple of steps away.