69

Chapter Sixty-Nine:

____________________________________________

"You're the first face that I see
And the last thing I think about
You're the reason that I'm alive
You're what I can't live without
You never give up
When I'm falling apart
Your arms are always open wide
And You're quick to forgive
When I make a mistake
You love me in the blink of an eye
I don't deserve Your love
But You give it to me anyway
Can't get enough
You're everything I need
And when I walk away
You take off running and come right after me
It's what You do
And I don't deserve You."

Eirene's POV:

“How have you been feeling, Eirene?” Sasha, my therapist asked me.

It was now my third week of therapy and needless to say, this was going in the right direction. I could feel it; feel the change.

I nodded my head with a small smile, “Been feeling better.” I said, looking out the window at the pool in the backyard.

“Would you describe ‘better’ for me? In detail?” Her gentle voice reached my ears.

I turned around to face her and looked at her matured face. She was a woman in her late thirties with bright blue eyes that looked like they had seen a lot but were still very warm and positive. Her shoulder-length blonde hair that were always up in a neat ponytail were semi wet indicating that she had showered not long ago.

Overall, Sasha was a beautiful woman with a very calm and welcoming aura. In a lot of ways, she reminded me of Sylvia Knight. Aside from their similar profession, they both were great human beings.

“I have been feeling better than I felt before. I have acknowledged my condition, instead of denying it, and also acknowledged the damage that it has caused.” I told her.

She stopped writing in her notebook and looked up at me, “Have you acknowledged that it was all unintentional and not entirely your fault?”

Her question faltered my stance for a moment but one look at her and I knew that she knew the answer. She just wanted to hear it from me.

“Honestly, no. But, I believe I will get there, eventually.” I said to her.

Satisfied, she nodded, “That’s right, you will. How are your eating habits? Any improvement?”

I thought about it for a while before answering, “Yes, a bit. The night before yesternight, Darius and I went out to grab some coffee and doughnuts and surprisingly, I did feel hungry then.”

“We’ll get your appetite back in no time. However, in the meantime, just eat whatever you want to. Even if it’s junk or boiled veggies.” She instructed.

“I will do that.” I spoke quietly.

“Can you tell me more about that night you went out with your husband?” She asked.  “Leave out the personal details.” She joked.

I chuckled and nodded my head, “That night, I felt normal. The most normal I’ve felt so far.” I admitted.

She stayed quiet, a sign for me to keep talking, “Everything felt fine. It was all so casual as if we had been doing it for years but to be honest, ever since our wedding, this was the first time that we had gone out late at night.” I told her.

“It all felt too good to be true. The person that I love the most was by my side and…we did what normal couples do. But, it all still felt so surreal, you know?” I paused as I felt myself tearing up.