32

Chapter Thirty Two: (Crossover Chapter 1)
____________________________________________

"Compass points you home,
Calling out from the east.
Compass points you anywhere,
Closer to me.
If we make it out alive, from the depths of the sea.
Compass points you anywhere,
Closer to me."

Third Person's POV

Darius sat down in his chair behind the desk as soon as he was informed of Adrian Knight's arrival, the next afternoon.

A few moments passed before a man, dressed in a crisp suit, entered his office with a woman by his side.

Adrian had returned from his honeymoon yesterday and got call last night from a man named Julius who had informed him of the events that had taken place.

Without wasting any more time, he had called his pilot and asked him to fuel the jet. His wife, Sylvia, being the stubborn woman that she was, insisted that she accompany him to Greece.

Anyone who looked at Darius, at that moment, would automatically assume that he was very calm given his posture which was relaxed back in the seat and his hands that rested on the armrest, leisurely.

But when Adrian Knight looked closely, he saw a man who was about ready to murder anyone with his bare hands. After all, he was familiar with the feeling that his ally was experiencing.

Nothing missed his sharp grey eyes, the way Darius' fingers dug a little too deep in the fine leather, the way his molars grounded, or even the way his spine was straightened as if somebody had shoved a rod up it.

"Darius." He called.

Darius finally lifted his eyes, which had been transfixed on the desk, and acknowledged the four other people in the room.

Adrian Knight with his wife, Sylvia Knight, Jason, and Julius.

"Welcome to Greece."

It was the first sentence he had spoken since last night.

His eyes went to Sylvia and he stood up from his chair, out of courtesy, "Please, take a seat."

"Thank you." Sylvia replied, offering a small smile in return.

She had seen the vulnerability that reflected in his eyes for a quick second before it was resolved back into a stoic look.

All four of them sat down and looked at the man who toyed with the paperweight in his hand.

"For twenty-nine years, I have had no weaknesses in my life because the people around me, including the women of my family, knew how to protect themselves. And then came Eirene," He paused, savoring the taste of her sweet name, "She's too innocent for our world but I selfishly dragged her in and she became my Achilles heel."

"Two hours was all it took for a motherfucker named Vincent Santiago to take her away from me. She's become a pawn in this game that Santiago started."

There was a range of emotions that Darius was feeling in that moment. He had never felt a mix of emotions so he was unable to find the right word for it.

Overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed was the world he was searching his brain for but didn't come up with anything.

"We had no idea that Vincent was alive." Adrian commented.

Sylvia wanted to participate, say something that would calm the man's frantic nerves, but she knew that each and every body present in that room was walking on eggshells around him so she remained quiet for the time being.