Two

CHAPTER 2

Boyfriend

Everything happened so fast,i just found myself breathing heavily while crying in the garden of the resto.The overwhelming emotions washed over me.They just dropped a decision without my knowledge,thinking that that decision was better for me,that its okay to decide for me when it comes to my future.

I heard shuffling of shoes and the sound of the heels.Turning,I saw my brother and sister.Kuya calm me down by hugging me.Nasa garden kami ng restaurant.We settled ourselves on a bench,I don't know where Suzzainne got the water but I drank it up anyway.Nanginginig pa rin ako sa galit.How can they betray me.Really?Anak nila tapos ipapakasal sa kung sino lang lalaki.That's foolish.

Ayoko pang magpakasal.I still have a dream and I intended to reach and fulfill that.I smiled bitterly at the thought of my bestfriend saying that I don't have any boyfriend.Anong boyfriend-boyfriend,Alaniz?

"Are you calm now,Zette?" Suzzainne's soft voice pulled my senses. I tiredly nodded.

I breathed heavily.

"How did this happened Kuya?"

He sighed and tuck some strands of my hair behind my ears.Ang swerte siguro nang mapapangasawa nitong si Kuya.He's responsible and righteous.

"I don't know lil sis,I just heard them talking about your engagement with Gunner."

I bit my lower lip.I'm pretty sure there must be a reason why.They're still my parents.I respected and trust them.A moment of silence.Nakatingin lang ako sa kawalan habang iniisip ang mga nangyari.

I don't want to get married.I still want to reach and achieve my dreams.I don't want any hindrance.I don't need a man.I can live without them.I was born to be a brave soul,strong and independent.If that Gunner didn't like the idea of us getting married,mas lalo naman ako.What does he thinks of me?

"I don't like that Gunner guy for you twin sis.I mean,parang hindi siya mapagkakatiwalaan." Suzzainne said.

"You think so?Kambal nga talaga tayo." I laughed.

"But You can't deny the fact that He's a hottie."

I grimaced.Well yeah,that's a fact.He's ruthlessly handsome.Seems like he's a walking heartbreak.But the way he glared at me,really turned me off.

"He's my schoolmate.Taking legal management."

I shot my brows up.I scoffed.

"Pwedeng mawalan siya nang lisensya kapag nangbabae.Pakasalan mo na."

"Kuya!"

He chuckled. "Ayaw mo ba talaga?Parang crush mo pa naman siya."

I give him a disgusted look. "Si Carlyle ang crush ko hindi siya.He's old."

Tumawa silang dalawa.Totoo naman eh,halos magkasing edad lang ata si kuya at yung Gunner na yun.He's not my type.

Tumigil lang sila sa tawanan nila ng nakita namin sila Mommy at Daddy.Mom immediately hugged me while crying.

"I'm sorry anak.I'm sorry.Mommy's very sorry." she sobbed.

It pains me seeing her cry like this.My mom is the most precious person in the world.Mahal na mahal namin siya nila Dad,Kuya at Suzzainne.She's the Queen,we treated her like that.I hug her back and cry with her.

"I don't want to get married Mom.I don't want." I sobbed.

I met Daddy's eyes and he have this loving and sympathy in them. "I'm sorry Princess.We're sorry that we didn't tell you.If it isn't because of your Lolo,this wont happen."