Fourteen

Chapter 14

Cold

Something happened between them.God only knows what is it.It never leave my mind.I know for a fact that he doesn't even had the slightest liking for me,but it's not right to disrespect me as his wife.If he can't respect me as his wife,then atleast as a woman.

Namumugto ang Mata ko sa kakaiyak.Isang oras din akong umiyak,hanggang ngayon ay may sakit parin na nakatatak sa dibdib ko.

When I saw that photo,I already know where it is.Its from his condo beside the Marco Polo hotel.I never been into that place but I know,he used to spend time with his condo.I never doubted it that it's Alaniz because she couldn't afford that kind of house.

What shattered my heart like it was continuously stabbed by a thousand of dagger was the photo of him,sleeping soundly,topless and entangled with sheets.It looks like they had a great night!What a fcking life!

I laughed humorlessly but later on my tears started to fall again as my heart aches in pain again.I went to the bathroom to fix myself.

I shouldn't feel this.I am jealous and betrayed.I have no right to feel this because from the start,we had an agreement not to meddle with each others business,were only married in papers.My feelings are invalid,I feel like I am loser because I fell inlove with him first.

But no one could blame me,I fell for his words.He said he will fix our marriage at umasa ako kahit sabihin pa natin na Hindi ako naniniwala.

I stared at my self on the mirror.My chinky eyes were swollen,dried tears were visible on my fluffy cheeks.My nose is red because of sniffing too much,my hair is in mess.Dark circles under my eyes told me that I never had a great sleep.Overall,I look stressed and weary.

I washed my face and went out.My phone is ringing.I pick it up and answered without bothering to see if who's the caller.I am just too tired.

"Good evening,Misis."

I halted.The cold yet gentle baritone voice entered my ears.My heart started throbbing faster than its usual.Nag-uunahang tumulo ang mga Luha ko.Damn it!Here it is again!

"Sorry for disturbing your sleep,but I just want to know if you're okay-"

"What do you want?"

My voice is cold as what I feel right now.After what I have learned,you still have the temerity to ask me if I am still fine?

"I-I just want to say that I will go home tonight-"

"Is that it?You disturbed my sleep just to tell me that you're coming home? You're wasting my time,bye."

I feel my heart clenching in pain as I drop the call.

So what if,if he's going to come home?Ano?Aasa na Naman ako?What if it's just like another night?Sabi niya uuwi Siya at hintayin ko Siya Pero pinagmukha niya Lang akong tanga.

I breathed deeply to stop my self from crying again.Marahas kong pinahid ang mga Luha sa pisngi ko at nagpasyang matulog.Bahala Siya sa buhay niya,tutal bahay niya Naman din to.

Bakit nga ba ako nags-stay parin sa bahay na to?If he can stay at his condo then should I do the same?All I feel in this house is loneliness,walang ibang kasama,ni maid nga wala.

I was trying to sleep but I couldn't when I hear the door of my room creaked.He's here?Nakatalikod Kasi ako sa pinto,so I couldn't see if someone entered my room.

The irregular beating of my heart told me that it was the one who's causing pain.His light footsteps is enough for not making a noise.Naramdaman ko ang paglapit niya sa kama ko.I shut my eyes and pretended that I am sleeping.The Aircon is on but I am sweating bullets and I feel nervous.My stomach is churning because of him.