Five

Chapter 5

Tongue

SUZZETTE NICOLEEIN HAMILTON.I think I should get use to it.May karugtong na na 'Hamilton' ang pangalan ko.Napatingin ako sa Pala singsingan ko,the ring is beautiful but I should hide it.

One week passed since my wedding,my life become uneventful.Except for the death of my grandpa.My family is still mourning.A day after my wedding,God already took my Grandpa's life.The scene is still vivid in my mind.

Kuya:

'Lolo wants to see you'

Hindi ko Alam Pero kinabahan agad ako ng Mabasa iyon.Tuloy tuloy akong lumabas sa klase ko na Hindi nagpapaalam sa prof ko.All I could think is my grandpa.What happened?

While running,I was silently praying.Hold on Lolo,I need to see you before you go.

I already accepted the fact that this day would came but I never expected that just after my wedding,is a gloomy day after.

Nasa gate na ako ng nakita ko si Gunner na nakasandal sa sasakyan niya.I halted from my steps,unmoving.What is he doing here? Is he here for Alaniz?

He walk towards me with the same emotion.Cold and unbothered.He lifted a hand and wipe the tears that were falling unconsciously on my cheeks.

"Stop crying.Let's go,Ikaw na Lang ang hinihintay."

Wala akong imik sa loob ng sasakyan.I'm still praying na Sana ay makaabot ako.I should at least bid a proper farewell to my most beloved Grandfather.When we reached the hospital,Gunner held my hand tightly.I just let him.

Hinihingal pa ako ng makaabot sa kwarto Kung Saan naroon si Lolo.He eyes twinkled even when he can't move his body as he saw me.I immediately hugged him.I cried like a baby.

"M-my lovely apo..."

I sobbed on his chest.

"Lolo I know you are tired.You can rest now.Thank you for being a good Grandpa to us."

He smiled. "I-I was really waiting f-for you.You,your twin sister,S-Suzzaine must got each others back okay.I k-know your Kuya Spade is always ready to protect the both of you.I-I'm sorry for ruining your d-dreams apo.But I assure you,G-Gunner is a good guy."

I bit my lower lips as I sob while holding his hands.Suzzaine is on the other side of his bed while Kuya and our parents are on the back.

His body is giving up so as his soul.He wants to rest forever.One last smile and finally he'd able to see the real paradise with my Lola.I grip his lifeless hands tightly.Finally you're at peace now,Lolo.

"I love you..." Is the last thing he said before hiccuping as he lose his breath.

Series of cries was filled in the room after that.We held a simple funeral for him and cremate him after that because it's what he has instructed to Daddy.

Death is inevitable.I've come to realize that you have lived in this world to do things right,to live like Jesus Christ and Death is gain.You shouldn't mourn over someone who is willing to die because it is their victory to finally see their actual home in heaven.

I stared at the gloomy sky outside the window of our classroom.I wonder if my grandparents already seen each other.I wonder if they're happy.I wonder what the life that awaits up there.