𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

Chapter 44

Selfishness

"You are my sunshine,my only sunshine y-you make me h-happy when skies are g-grey..."

Mothers sacrifice a lot for their children.They want the best for them.They said mothers always knows what best for their kid.They will do everything just to protect them even it means sacrificing.That's what mothers always do.

"You'll never know dear,How much I l-love y-you..."

Unang kita ko palang sa kanya,mahal ko na siya.She's my other half,the only sunshine that could light up my whole world.She came to me.Now that she's fighting for her life at a young age break me into pieces.I didn't know what happened in the past that resulted to my long and deep slumber but I am still thankful because she didn't give up on my stomach.

"P-Please don't take m-my s-sunshine away..."

I will always be thankful for He give me a beautiful angel but I will lay all my cards and do everything just not to take her away.Anak ko siya.Nang galing siya sa akin.

I continue singing a lullaby as I touch the incubator.My tears kept on falling as my heart is breaking into pieces as I stared at my lovely daughter.Masakit makita para sa isang ina ang maghirap ang anak.

"I'll always love you,a-and make you happy and nothing come between..."

Against all the odds I will fight and sacrifice for you,my love.No one could take you away from me.

"But if you l-leave me,to allow another..."my voice broke as the thought of her leaving me.Hindi ko pa siya nakakasama nang matagal,gusto ko pang alagaan siya.I still want to feel her as I carry her in my arms.

"You h-have shattered all my dreams..." Nawalan ako nang boses.

Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko kung mawawala siya sa akin.Mawawala lahat nang pangarap ko.I still dream of singing her happy birthday as she make a wish in front of her cake with candles.I still dream of kissing her as she grows up beautifully.

Lahat nang pangarap kong iyon ay mawawala kung mawawala siya sa akin.

Please baby,fight for mommy.Mahal na mahal ka ni mommy,anak.Wag muna ngayon.Wag mo munang iiwan si mommy, 'nak please.Gusto ko munang marinig kang magsalita na mahal mo ako.

My head hung low as I cried in sorrow.Praying that He will still give me a time with my daughter.Gusto kong makasama pa siya.Please,Lord.I still want to be a mother.Gusto kong maramdaman na May anak ako.

"Suzzette..."

The embrace from behind warm my cold feeling.I sniffed and touched his arms.I felt him kissing the top of my head.Dahan dahan kong nilingon si Third at yumakap sa kanya.

"T-Third,o-our daughter...she needs me..."

He caressed my hair as he hugged me tightly.I sniffed when I feel the familiar warmth.Dati May pagdududa ako kung siya ba Talaga ang asawa ko kasi napapanaginipan ko minsan ang isang lalaki na Hindi ko kilala.I would always wake up sad and confused,May kaunting kirot din minsan kapag gumigising akong ganoon but everytime I will stare at his eyes and hug me to assure me makes the doubts vanished away.His presence is enough to make me feel secure and safe.

"Serene will be okay love.She will be.We are waiting for her..."

Serene.I named her Serene because she looks so serene,calm and gentle.Just like his father,his gentle and warm presence always comfort me.Na discharged na ako matapos ang ilang buwan na pagpapahinga at pate-test kung kaya ko na ba Talaga.Kahit na discharge na ako ay pabalik ako sa hospital.Although Switzerland's hospital is complete with machines that can support my daughter,Iba pa rin kung pati siya ay lalaban.