Side Chapter: Hashira Day Off

Issei and Asia were walking to school together when they turn to the daycare they cross by. They look at it for a bit as they walk but then heard "Please, no fighting." They turn to see Gyomei in the daycare as he was separating two toddlers from each other. "Gyomei!" Issei cried out. Gyomei turn to his direction and said "Is that you Issei?"

"Yeah, it's me and Asia. What are you doing here?" Issei asked. "I volunteer here in my free time. Today is our day off" Gyomei said. "Day off? But we still have school" Issei said. "Not us, Oyakata has a nice soul and has told the school we were busy."

"You lucky bastards!" Issei said. They then went to school. 

Rengoku:

Rengoku was outside in his backyard with Senjuro standing in front of him. They were both holding wooden swords and Rengoku said "Ok Senjuro, try to attack me." Senjuro ran at him and swung his sword, but he fell to the ground. Rengoku help him up and he said "You ok?"

"Yeah, it's just I don't think I'm suppose to be demon slayer" Senjuro said. Rengoku nodded and he took the two swords away. "We're done training, we're going to focus on you" Rengoku told him. "What?" Senjuro asked. "You said it yourself, you don't think you can be a demon slayer. So what do you want to be?" Rengoku asked. "I don't know, I never thought of another job I could do" Senjuro said. 

"Well, find one. You get to be what you want to be, no one can force you who you're going to be" Rengoku said. Senjuro hugged his older brother and Rengoku hugged him back.

Giyu and Shinobu:

Giyu was in a café and he just order something in random. He has never had a favorite food, so he just told the waiter to bring him whatever. The waiter came and put a plate on the table. "Here you go sir, a simmered salmon with daikon or we call it a winter radish" the waiter said before leaving. Giyu looked at his food and he stare at it for a while. This was something he had never eaten before, but it seem so delicious. 

Since Sabito's death, this was the first time he has smile. "Oh my, what a disgusting face" a person said. Giyu turn to see Shinobu and Kanoe standing next to his table. "What are you doing here?" Giyu asked her. "I was just bringing Kanoe here for lunch. I didn't know you come here?" Shinobu said. "This is my first time coming here, now can you let me eat my food?" Giyu asked her. "Sure Tomioka, just don't do that disgusting face again" Shinobu said.

Giyu took a bit of his food and he felt this warm feeling all over his body. As of this day, this was now his favorite food.

Sanemi:

Sanemi was in his backyard training, hitting wood dummies that pop out from the ground. Inside the house was Genya, as he watches his brother train. Sanemi yelled louder as he cut down the dummies and then started stabbing one that was on the ground. "Brother, are you ok?" Genya asked. Sanemi turn around and gave him an angry look. "I'm fine, now leave me alone!" he shouted.

Genya went back inside the house and Sanemi picked up the dummy, throwing it in the trash. 'Damn it, why does fire boy get a mission and I don't!' he said in his head, as he slash another dummy. 

Tengen: 

Tengen was in the mountains as he was trying out some new bombs he made. Despite this being his day off, he had no one to hang out since he sent his three girlfriends to do a stealth mission for him. He threw one to the ground and it exploded. He laugh and said "That was very flamboyant if I say so myself."

He picked up the remains and he thought about the others. 'Maybe I can get that blondie that hangs out with Rengoku to come with me on a mission' Tengen thought, referring to Zenitsu.

Muchirio:

Issei was mumbling about how jealous he was that the Hashiras get to skip school, while they have to go. He then bumped into someone and he turn. He saw that it was Muichirio and he was shock. "Muichiro, what are you doing here?" Issei asked him. "Don't we have school? Or do we have a holiday?" Muichiro asked. "No, aren't the Hashiras have this day off" Issei said. "Oh I guess I forgot" Muichiro said, as he went to his next class.

Obanai and Mitsuri:

Mitsuri has dragged Obanai shopping for their day off. Obanai doesn't like shopping that much, but if it was for Mitsuri he would do it. "Obanai look! Their having a deal on clothes in that store!" Mitsuri said all excited. Obanai nodded and she dragged him to that store. They spent most of their day like this.

A/N: Hello everyone, this is the second side chapter of the series. Sorry that it was too short but most of the time side chapters would be short or not, depends on the idea I have for them. Hope you enjoy this.